This steak with mustard sauce is big on flavor and easy to make. With an amazing lineup of ingredients. This Grilled Ribeye steak and spicy mustard combo make perfect partners.
This grilled ribeye steak recipe is tender, juicy and a special recipe that’s so easy to prepare. With good marbling, and natural beefy flavor, a grilled ribeye steak is a no fuss easy dinner with a special feel.
Where Did I Learn To Make This Recipe?
The minute I walked in to the state-of-the-art kitchen at the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association, I knew I was in for a treat.
Three expert chefs greeted armed our group with pamphlets, recipes and a counter full of beautiful steaks. We enjoyed demonstrations on food styling, grilling tips and sauce ideas. Ready, set and go, we enjoyed pan frying, searing and grilling steaks for the next hour. And this steak with mustard sauce was a big take-away.
Sprouts Farmer’s Market provided the steak and the produce for us to build our steak dinner. And the Colorado Beef Council provided us with some great information about Colorado Beef and the role they play in supporting Colorado Ranchers.
From the option available, I chose to make this grilled ribeye steak recipe with spicy mustard sauce. Let’s take a look.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Ribeye Steak (s).
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Spicy Mustard
- Hot Sauce: Use your favorite brand. We’re Cholula fans, as well at Tabasco Sauce.
- Steak Sauce: We’re A-1 loyal, but use your favorite brand.
Step by Step Instructions – It’s So Easy
- Step 1: Simply combine all of the ingredients to make the spicy mustard sauce in a small bowl. Use a whisk to make quick work of that blending. Set aside and grill the steaks.
- Step 2: Preheat a grill to 500 degrees to get those grates nice and hot. Turn the heat down to 350 – 400 degrees.
- Step 3: Grilling ribeye steaks are easy. Season the steaks. We like to use Montreal Steak Seasoning, or simply use salt and pepper. Or for a real treat, try one of our favorite pepper blends, Savory Spicy Whiskey Barrel Smoked Black Pepper. Grill the steaks according to desired doneness, turning only once. Make sure you have some good grill marks before turning those steaks.
Ribeye Grill Time
How long should you cook a ribeye steak? Ribeyes are usually cut about 1 1/2 inches thick. Cooking over medium high heat, they should cook in about 10 minutes. Five minutes per side. It’s best to use a digital real meat thermometer to achieve desired doneness. 135 degrees will give you a medium rare steak. Perfect in our books. At this temperature, the meat stays tender and juicy.
Pro Tip: Once the steak is cooked, tent loosely with foil. Letting the meat rest will allow the steak to absorb it’s juices. Keeping the meat nice and fork tender. It will also help keep that crust nice and crisp.
What To Serve With Grilled Ribeye Steaks
- Steak and potatoes are a classic combination. Try these Crockpot Garlic Butter Baked Potatoes. Everyone loves scalloped potatoes, take a look at this recipe for Scalloped Potato Casserole.
- A fresh green salad is always a welcome side dish for ribeyes.
- A nice vegetable side dish for ribeyes would be this Creamy Zucchini Squash Casserole, or a simple Green Vegetable Medley.
Don’t have a grill? You most certainly can cook this steak indoors. Use a heavy skillet like a cast iron, or a French Carbon Steel Pan. A grill pan is also a good choice here. Which ever pan you choose, get the pan nice and hot. Add a couple tablespoons butter or canola oil and place the seasoned ribeye steaks into the hot pan. Cook about 5 minutes per side or until cooked to desired doneness. You can also briefly sear them well on both sides and finish in a 375 degree oven. Again, use a digital read thermometer to determine doneness.
Grilled Ribeye Steak Recipe with Mustard Sauce
Presentation Tip: Transfer the spicy mustard sauce to a squeeze bottle and squeeze dots of increasing size on each plate. Arrange sliced steak and grilled new red potatoes on the plates. Garnish with scallions or chives.
I hope you fire up that grill and give this grilled ribeye steak recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and give the recipe a star rating. And leave a comment about your experience with the recipe.
And if you have a favorite grilled ribeye steak recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Grilled Steak Recipes
And, don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for more delicious recipes and cooking tips. Make it a delicious day … every day.
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on my website, please leave a star rating in the recipe card below. And write a review in the comment section. I always appreciate your feedback.
Grilled Ribeye Steak Recipe with Mustard Sauce
- 4 Ribeye Steaks
- 3 Tablespoons Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1/4 Cup Ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Steak Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worchestershire Sauce
- 1 dash Hot Sauce
- For the mustard sauce: Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Season the steaks. We like to use Montreal Steak Seasoning, or simply use salt and pepper. Or for a real treat, try one of our favorite pepper blends, Savory Spicy Whiskey Barrel Smoked Black Pepper.
- Heat grill to 500 degrees, then turn down the heat to 350.
- Place steaks on the hot grates and cook, turning once. Cook until a meat thermometer registers 135 degrees for medium rare (recommended) 150 degrees for medium.
Grilled Ribeye Steak with Mustard Sauce … It’s what’s for dinner.