This is a chicken cutlet recipe that full of latin influence. A chicken dinner recipe that’s easy enough for a weeknight meal and impressive enough for entertaining. Chicken Cutlets with Jalapeno Orange Sauce with Black Beans.
Vacation! I’m sure you know the routine; one week getting ready for vacation, one week of vacation, one week catching up from vacation equals no time to blog, or for that matter not much time for cooking. Busy..busy..busy.
I’ll most certainly be back in the kitchen groove this weekend, but for now let’s cook this quick fix dinner. Healthy chicken cutlet recipes are not only easy, but loaded with flavor. And we love the texture of a chicken cutlet. They simply don’t dry out as easily as a large chicken breast. And of course cook quicker and easier.
One of the side effects of writing this blog for the years, is that people seem to think that I’m a purist. Never sitting through the take out line at Chick-fil-a, making my own bread for sandwiches, milling my own grains … only cooking with dried beans – soaking, fussing, simmering.
I do love Chick-fil a-nuggets, and I’m here to say that my guiltiest pleasure is a McDonalds Filet-o-fish. I can make a mean loaf of bread from time to time. I own a wheat farm in Kansas, but have never personally milled a single grain.
But I am a big fan of using dried beans. Why bother? It’s really an easy thing to do, just some soaking time involved, the flavor you achieve is deeper and richer, and as you’re cooking those beans, you can add flavors that will seep all the way into the beans for a much more flavorful result. Not to mention the texture of cooked dried beans are superior. I’ve included an affiliate link if you’re interested in exploring your dried bean options.
With that said, you bet I have canned beans in the pantry and lots of them. For exactly this reason. For easy meals that make cooking a pleasure during the busy work week, and for those hectic times before and after vacation. Canned black beans to the rescue.
The flavor of these, when simply warmed and tossed with sauteed onions is superb.
Along side the latin flare of a tender chicken cutlet which has been dusted with flour and sauteed is exceptional. And the orange jalapeno sauce brings this all together for a fabulous little dinner with a latin flare.
And if you read the recipe and get organized, this is on the table in about 30 minutes. And don’t forget to buy pre-sliced chicken cutlets at the store. That’s a time saver for sure.
How to get organized? Get out your pans, dice and slice before you start cooking and voila. Let’s take a look. This little recipe is a pleasure to put on the table.
Recipe for Latin Chicken Cutlets with Jalapeno Orange Sauce and Black Beans
If you’re looking for easy Latin chicken recipes, this is a good one to try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating. Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes.
And if you have a favorite chicken cutlet recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
And if you’re looking for more chicken cutlet recipes, don’t miss this one for Ginger Lime Chicken Cutlets. It’s such an easy and flavorful recipe.
And if you’re looking for more chicken recipes, don’t miss my Chicken Category. You’ll find lots of great recipes, including the most popular chicken recipe on my site for Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan.
Chicken Cutlets with Jalapeno Orange Sauce and Black Beans
- 4 chicken breast cutlets
- 1/4 cup flour for dusting
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil divided
- 3 medium cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin divided
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 lime juice juiced
- 1 jalapeno chile seeded, deveined and minced
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 small sweet onion chopped
- 15 1/2 ounce black beans canned, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- On a cutting board large enough to accommodate all three, slice garlic, chop jalapeno and dice onion.
- Season the chicken cutlets on both sides with salt and pepper and dust each side with a trace of flour.
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the jalapeno and cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until garlic is golden, about 1 minute. Stir in 1/4 tsp. of the cumin. Add the orange juice and lime juice. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper; set the sauce aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and ¼ tsp. salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the beans and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of cumin. Cook until the beans are heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the cilantro and season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer the beans to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Wipe out the skillet. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in the skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add the cutlets and cook until browned on both sides and just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
- Divide the cutlets and black beans among individual plates. Spoon the jalapeno citrus sauce over and serve.
Looking for more quick delicious weeknight chicken dinners? How about trying boneless skinless chicken thighs for:
Chicken Cutlets with Jalapeno Orange Sauce and Black Beans …It’s What’s for Dinner.