This velvety butternut squash and apple soup is super easy, crazy delicious very healthy. It’s savory, sweet and absolutely divine. Adding apple and apple juice makes this a delightful dinner entree.
Fall is in the air and this butternut squash apple soup couldn’t be more perfect for crisp weather.
This soup is amazing due to the fact that there isn’t any heavy cream involved. The liquid is chicken broth and apple juice. And with plenty of savory butternut squash, we really enjoyed this incredibly colorful bowl of soup.
It’s an easy soup to make, even for a weeknight meal. That “it’s Tuesday and I’m tired” type of recipe, and it’s elegant enough for entertaining or even for a special dinner.
The only special equipment needed for this recipe is an immersion blender. Using this handy tool makes pureeing this soup a breeze. If you don’t have one, you can use a blender. Just put the hot soup in a blender in batches, only filling the blender half full each time. Puree in batches.
Be careful with the lid, hold it loosely in place, as if you seal it, the heat might blow it off.
All you need for a side dish is a sliced baguette, or a simple tossed salad.
Butternut Squash Apple Soup Recipe
I hope you give this butternut squash apple soup recipe a try and if you do, please come back and give the recipe a star rating and scroll down and leave a comment about your experience with the recipe.
And if you have a favorite butternut squash soup recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Fall Soup Recipe Ideas
- Chipotle Apple Sweet Potato Soup
- Curried Butternut Squash Soup
- Creamy Tomato Soup with Cognac and Orange
Butternut Squash Soup with Apple
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Large onion finely diced
- 36 ounces Butternut Squash one inch cubes
- 6 Cups Chicken broth
- 1 Large apple peeled, cored and diced
- ½ Cup Apple juice
- Salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a large stock pot and then add the onions. Saute the onions until they are soft and translucent. About five minutes.
- Add the broth, butternut squash, apple and apple juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, then turn to low and simmer for about 30 to 45 minutes, until the squash and apples are completely soft. Use an emulsion blender or puree in batches in a blender until all of the soup is silky smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Use an emulsion blender or puree in batches in a blender until all of the soup is silky smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Butternut Squash And Apple Soup … It’s what’s for Dinner.