This luxurious creamy dressing and the blanched potatoes, carrots and peas are a match made in heaven for a unique potato salad recipe. This Avocado Potato Salad is a dish you’ll want to serve all Summer long.
If you think my burger obsession is bad, how about I introduce you to my weakness for potato salads. This will be the fifth version of potato salad that has made an appearance here, and I’m sure it won’t be the last.
There’s the recipe I posted for Classic Potato Salad, my long-time family recipe that we think walks on water.
Then I went all exotic and made a Moroccan Potato Salad with olives. Goodness was that one full of flavor. Then there was the Blue Cheese Version, I mean really, who can argue with combining potatoes, bacon, sour cream and blue cheese.
And let’s give a standing ovation to the Loaded Baked Potato Salad with mayo, sour cream, bacon and cheddar. I have found that when this potato salad exists in the refrigerator, you start out with a couple of forks full and all of a sudden half the bowl is gone and it has become lunch.
So let’s welcome this potato salad with avocado, carrot and pea version into the family. The sauce which is made with avocado, mayo, lime juice, Worcestershire and cilantro is absolutely captivating as it wraps around the blanched vegetables. It’s delicious, it’s tangy and it’s Summery. You’ll want to serve this alongside burgers, steaks and beyond. Yukon gold potatoes work beautifully here for the fresher and healthier version of an American classic. You’ll have extra dressing left over. Save it for a tossed green salad the next day
Recipe for Avocado Potato Salad with Tangy Avocado Dressing
I hope you give this one a try and if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating. Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes.
And if you’re looking for more avocado salad recipes, don’t miss this one for Creamy Tangy Avocado Chicken Salad.
Avocado Potato Salad, with Tangy Avocado Dressing
- 4 medium Yukon Gold Potatoes peeled, cubed
- 3 medium carrots cleaned, thick sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 avocado divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 cup cilantro rough chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Peel and cube potatoes. In a saucepan, place potatoes in cold water and slowly bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 – 20 minutes or until tender.
- Clean and thick slice the carrots. In a smaller sauce, bring water to a boil. Add carrots. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 – 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain both vegetables and place in a large bowl.
- Add the frozen peas and toss. Salt and pepper to taste.
- To make the dressing. Combine the oils, lime juice, garlic, mayonnaise, Worcestershire, 1/2 of the avocado which has been pitted and flesh scooped from the skin, cilantro, and 3/4 teaspoon salt, sugar, along with 3 tablespoons cold water in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Taste and season with more salt if needed. Pour into a jar with a secure lid and refrigerate until ready to use. This should be used within a day.
- Spoon enough of the dressing over the potato, carrot and peas. Cube the remaining avocado and add at the end. Toss well.
Avocado Potato Salad with Tangy Avocado Dressing … It’s what’s for a Side Dish.