Lemon Chicken Thighs

The lemon flavor that infuses into this chicken is incredible. From Donna Hay Magazine, let’s take a look.

• Thin slice two lemons
  • Place slices in slightly overlapping threes on a baking sheet
  • Place one chicken thigh on each group of lemon slices
  • Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle generously with olive oil
  • Roast at 425 degrees for 30 minutes or until juices run clear and skin is crispy

Cooking with my iPad:  Pam over at Sidewalk Shoes has talked so much about Donna Hay, and when she recently posted that she’s now receiving the magazine on her iPad, I knew I had to take the opportunity to download an issue.  Have you ever read a magazine on your iPad?

It’s really quite incredible. I have both Both Donna Hay and Food and Wine issues in my News Stand App. Both magazines are intuitive, fun and makes turning pages of print seem almost archaic. And with Retina display, images are stunning, looking better than on magazine pages, and words a breeze to read.

And the fun part? You can bookmark recipes without using sticky notes, you can type personal in notes on a page, and with layering effects you can see a time lapse instructions of a sandwich being built or a sheet of frozen yogurt being shaved with a fork into a delicate Summer dessert. I find that more interesting than a video.

Donna Hay and F&W are the only two magazines I’ve used on my iPad.  Donna Hay can be purchased in individual issues. Food and Wine is free to print subscribers. I receive an email from F&W when a new issue is available. It arrives before my magazine.

Lemon Chicken Thighs…It’s What’s for Dinner.

Comments

That chicken does sound super good and easy. I love lemon flavor, especially on chicken! I wish I had an ipad! That sounds like a great idea. I do know my life has never been the same since I got my iphone!

• Lea Ann says

If you love your Iphone, you’re going to love an Ipad. You’ve got to try the chicken, it’s amazing and easy.

These thighs look amazingly simple and delicious. I don’t have an ipad or a subscription to F & W. I think I need to get with it and get both. Maybe Santa will pull through for me.

• Lea Ann says

Karen, I’m sure Santa will pull through for you. :) I like F&W recipes .. a lot. But I like Donna Hay recipes even better.

What a great way to make chicken! You know me and lemon. :) I love iPad magazines, too. I have the original iPad- so no retina display – still, magazines just pop. No more turning to the back to read the recipe or find the instructions. It’s perfect for travel, especially on airplanes.

• Lea Ann says

We couldn’t believe the wonderful lemony flavor that came through, and just from the chicken sitting on the lemon slices??? The original recipe didn’t call for tenting with foil, but about 10 minutes in, I could tell my oven was becoming a mess with grease splatters. I reached in and loose tented the baking sheet. You may have to leave it uncovered for a bit to insure browning.

I’ve seen that app, Lea Ann, and will definitely look into it, but at the moment I still have a subscription to the mag. Will wait until that’s up and then download the app. So much simpler….and hopefully, cheaper.

Love lemon with chicken. This is a “must try.” We have an Ipad and subscribe to several magazines, but haven’t had the nerve to take it into the kitchen with me yet.

I would love to know how to bookmark recipes on the Ipad and to make notes. Looks like I have a lot to learn…

• Lea Ann says

It’s easy Sam. When you’re on the recipe, just tap the top edge of the screen. Some icons will come up and there’s a little bookmark thingie. Voila

I have always wanted Donna hay Mag but it’s so crazy expensive by delivery so getting it on a tablet is awesome. And what an easy way to make lemon chicken…my kids love lemon chicken so I will try it!!

I adore, love, admire, envy, drool over Donna Hay! I got her first mag on my iPad but it’s 1st gen so I can’t get it anymore ;( I bought her Season’s cookbook…haven’t made a single recipe from it yet but I love to look at the photos…!

• Lea Ann says

I really had no idea what to expect, and I’m loving her easy recipes. And the format is outstanding on my new Ipad.

It just recently occurred to me that I could get Donna Hay magazine on y ipad and not have to wait months for them to appear on newsstands here. Love it. And, I love the simplicity of this chicken dish!

• Lea Ann says

I use it for recipes, for photographing pieces of paper and keeping them on file on the Ipad, (I’m trying to go paperless) email …. it’s just the best.

What a lovely dish. I’m really fond of recipes that are next to no work to make. This sounds wonderful.Have a great day. Blessings…Mary

• Lea Ann says

It was a bit of a fuss, when the grease started splattering all over my oven… that’s when the foil came out to tent.

• Lea Ann says

I think it would work great on the pizza stone. Fabulous idea. My oven was taking a beating from the grease.