This is a recipe for homemade turkey sausage to make a delicious turkey sausage breakfast sandwich. Top with some scrambled eggs, and served open faced, it’s a hearty delicious breakfast.
Using ground turkey and a stellar line up of spices, you’ll hardly miss the pork sausage for your next breakfast sandwich.
These homemade turkey sausage patties stay nice and moist, have a solid texture after cooking, and the flavor is perfect for topping with soft creamy scrambled or fried eggs. Served on a toasted English Muffin, and sided with some asparagus, you’ve got a healthier breakfast meal to start the New Year.
My favorite part of this recipe is that it made a dozen or so patties. And with just the two of us, I have little freezer bags with two patties each (uncooked). They’ll be easy to pull out and fry up for future weekend breakfasts. Give these a try.
Us pork sausage breakfast sandwich lovers thought they were great.
How To Make Scrambled Eggs
How do you make your scrambled eggs? I’ve seen some instructions from noteworthy institutions that tell us to whisk the eggs vigorously to incorporate air so they’ll be big and fluffy. I don’t do that. I follow my Mom’s method which just so happens to be the same method I learned in Culinary School.
When I was old enough to care to inquire how she cooked them, she confided that the secret was “low and slow” and don’t overcook. The longer it takes to scramble an egg, the better it will be.
Many mornings I found scrambled eggs on my plate, so moist and perfectly wonderful. She’d cut up some bacon and brown it in a pan. Once cooked, she’d drain most of the grease into a glass jar which she kept in the refrigerator to use to fry or brown other meats. She’d break a few eggs in a bowl, add just a dash of milk or cream and then gently stir and slide them into the fry pan, low heat. A slow stir now and then made for perfection. If bacon wasn’t included she’d slow cook them in a little dollop of butter and lightly salted until soft set.
There’s nothing better than scrambled eggs with bacon pieces.
I think scrambled eggs are the most abused dish on earth. So frequently over cooked and served dry. I like cooking them in butter. Using a non-stick pan, once the eggs are starting to set, gently stir them a couple of times and remove from heat. They’ll continue to set up once they sit for a minute. The eggs should be served shiny and moist and with minimal seasoning.
Now, let’s talk about this homemade turkey sausage.
Recipe for Homemade Turkey Sausage for Spicy Turkey Breakfast Sandwich
Tip: Buy turkey thighs and use your food processor’s pulse feature to grind the meat for this recipe.
I hope you give this homemade breakfast sandwich recipe a try, and if you do, please come back and give the recipe a star rating, and leave a comment about your experience with the recipe.
And you have a favorite homemade turkey sausage recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
Recipe for homemade turkey sausage for a turkey sausage breakfast sandwich. Top with scrambled eggs, served open faced.
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey thigh meat
- 1/2 Cup sweet onion minced
- 1/4 Cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1/4 Cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes crushed
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoon panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- Mix all ingredients together, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, or overnight.
- Shape the turkey mixture into 12 patties, about 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, and brown the patties, over medium heat, on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Reduce the heat to medium, cover the skillet and cook turning occasionally until they are crisp and cooked through. About 6 minutes.
- To build the sandwich. Toast English muffins. Spread on mayonnaise. Top with a turkey patty and scrambled eggs.
Homemade Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich …It’s what’s for Breakfast.