Cheesy, Chorizo, Hatch Chile Breakfast Burritos. These overnight Hatch chile breakfast burritos are perfect for feeding a hungry brunch bunch. It’s one of our favorite Hatch Green Chili recipes for a make-ahead breakfast!
Overnight Breakfast Recipes
Serving breakfast to overnight guests is such a fun thing to do. That is, as long as you’re organized and morning prep is and appears to be easy peasy. There’s no reason to try to turn yourself into a short order cook.
This is an easy recipe to prepare the night before to pop into the oven the next morning. Simply turn on the oven and your morning meal will easily satisfy your hungry house guests.
This week’s Sunday Supper theme is all about “sleep over food.” We’re to showcase our favorite late night snacks or early morning breakfast recipes to feed a sleepover crowd, whether it’s a group of kids, a girls’ weekend out or a bachelor party. Here’s a lineup of our best crowd pleasing recipes.
If you’re not familiar, the #SundaySupper Movement was started by Isabel over at Family Foodie as a project for “bringing back Sunday supper around the family table.” Who can argue with that??? And a big thanks to Marion of Life Tastes Good for hosting our event this week.
Overnight Hatch Chile Breakfast Burritos
Breakfast burritos filled with cheese, onion, chorizo. Every single time I’ve made these Green Chile Breakfast Burritos everyone asks for the recipe. The eggs, flour and half and half form a custard like base that hugs the green chile, chorizo, cheese filling inside that soft flour tortilla. Divine! I hope you give these a try.
Are you green chile crazed? Take a look at the most popular and most classic chile recipe on my site, How to Make Hatch Green Chili, Colorado Style.
These overnight Hatch chile breakfast burritos are perfect for feeding a hungry brunch bunch. It’s one of our favorite Hatch Green Chili recipes for a make-ahead breakfast!
- 1 pound bulk chorizo sausage or breakfast sausage
- 4 roasted Hatch chile or one small can
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 2 1/2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese Divided
- 10 inch small Flour Tortillas 8
- 2 cups half and half
- 6 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- Salsa and Sour Cream for serving
- Roast green chile by placing chile’s on a sheet pan and broiling in oven until charred. Turn peppers every few minutes until charred on each side. When charred, place in a plastic bag and let steam for 5 minutes. With hands, remove blacken skins. Then slice off the tops to remove seed pods and veins. Rough chop chiles.
- In a large pan, cook the sausage and onions together until the sausage is done. Let cool slightly.
- Transfer sausage/onion mixture to a large bowl and fold in two cups of the cheese.
- Spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish with PAM. Use a 1/3-cup measuring cup to scoop out cheese mixture onto a tortilla. Roll up tortilla and place seam side down in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Repeat until all the tortillas are squeezed into the pan.
- Whisk together half-and-half, eggs and flour. Pour over tortillas. Cover and let sit overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350ºF. Bake, covered, for 30-40 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over burritos and bake, uncovered for 10 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.