If you’re looking for an elegant dinner starter or easy holiday appetizers, this is both luxurious and simple. Seafood Pan Roast is a perfect for a special occasion. Shrimp, lobster, scallops, and oysters are oven broiled and proves that a dish can be fancy and easy.
This elegant plate of seafood is one of our favorite things to prepare for a special dinner. Simple and delicious this seafood pan roast is our Valentines Day tradition.
It’s got everything you’re looking for in a special dinner. Shrimp, lobster, oysters and sea scallops. All drizzled with a very special creme fraiche vinaigrette.
This beautiful plate of shell fish can be enjoyed as a light dinner or a starter course for a steak dinner.
The vinaigrette with creme fraiche, shallot and lemon is a perfect topping to drizzle.
This has been our Valentines Day Appetizer, and some years, complete meal, and I’ve also prepared this for the Holidays. It’s a perfect Christmas or New Year’s eve appetizer.
The seafood alone is a very special treat. Oven roasted, so it’s an easy fix. But the creme fraiche dipping sauce is absolutely incredible. Creme fraiche, shallots, lemon juice and chopped fennel fronds = luxurious.
So if you’re looking for an elegant meal, this seafood pan roast is a must try.
Recipe for Seafood Pan Roast
I hope you give this Seafood Pan Roast Recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have any favorite easy holiday appetizers or special occasion appetizer recipes, let me know, I’d love to give them a try.
Splurge and enjoy!
More special occasion seafood recipe ideas:
- Broiled Lobster Tails
- Mussels with White Wine Pernod Sauce
- Spicy Creamy Shrimp Pasta Recipe
- Miso Glazed Black Cod
- Scallops with Rustic Red Bell Pepper Coulis
It seems seafood is king when it comes to special dinner ideas. Don’t miss my Seafood Category, you’ll find lots of great recipes including the most popular on my site for Campechana, Mexican Shrimp Cocktail.
Seafood Pan Roast
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 fennel bulb very finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fennel fronds finely chopped
- 6 jumbo shrimp butterflied in their shells
- 2 8-ounce Frozen raw lobster tails thawed and halved lengthwise, South African preferred
- 6 oysters shucked and both shells reserved
- 6 ounces large sea scallops 2 to 3 for each person
- Garlic toast for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the shallot and crème fraîche. Gradually whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Whisk in the diced fennel and chopped fennel fronds.
- Preheat the broiler and position a rack 6 inches from the heat.
- Arrange the shrimp, lobster tails and oyster shell halves in a roasting pan in a single layer.
- Place the scallops in the 6 flattest oyster shells. Place the oysters in the remaining shells.
- Spoon 3/4 cup of the vinaigrette over the seafood, being sure to coat them completely. Season with pepper and broil until lightly browned, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer the seafood to plates and drizzle with some of the vinaigrette, passing the toast and any remaining vinaigrette at the table.
Seafood Pan Roast … It’s Whats for Dinner
Leave a Reply