Rosemary Chicken Thighs Recipe. A stove-top to oven one pot meal that loaded with luscious savory flavors in a rich white wine sauce. Easy and quick and delicious dinner recipe.
I was reading a food blog the other day that suggested that we come up with a new word to describe a dish or recipe that is surprisingly easy and fabulously delicious. I’ve come up with omgeasy, and this recipe fits the bill.
One Pot Chicken Thigh Recipes
We’re big fans of one pot braised or roasted chicken thigh dishes and this stove-top to oven meal is one of our favorites.
My cast iron skillet has become my best friend in this arena. A good quality and well-seasoned cast iron skillet is worth it’s weight in gold. It’s best feature, browning stove top and then transferring to the oven.
This Rosemary Chicken Thighs recipe is so easy that the hardest part is flouring and searing the chicken in hot oil. Which is really not hard at all. Just a little messy here and there. The rest is a breeze.
Ingredients are simple when compared to the complex end-result flavors. After searing the chicken thighs in your cast iron skillet, just add white wine, chicken broth, fresh rosemary, bay leaves, garlic and lemon wedges.
That’s it! Pop it in the oven and in 30 minutes, voila, you’re singing its praises.
A great tip to keep that chicken crisp is to heat the skillet over medium high heat and not add the oil until the skillet is hot. When the oil is shimmering, then add the chicken thighs skin side down. Don’t turn them until they skillet releases them easy.
Cast Iron Skillet Lemon Garlic Rosemary Chicken Thighs Recipe
Serve over rice or mashed potatoes, or for a healthier option, alongside your favorite fresh vegetable. Don’t forget to use a big spoon for a hearty drizzle of this luxurious sauce.
I hope you give this Rosemary Chicken Thighs recipe a try, and if you do, please come back and give the recipe a star rating.
And if you have a favorite cast iron skillet chicken thigh recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Easy Chicken Thigh Recipes
- Crispy Chicken Thighs with Lemons Potatoes and Olives
- Chicken Thigh Kabobs with Chile Yogurt Sauce
- Crispy Oven Roasted Lemon Chicken Thighs (sheet pan)
- One Pan Crispy Chicken Thighs in Tomatillo Wine Sauce
- Sticky Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Thighs
Cast Iron Rosemary Chicken Thighs
- 8 chicken thighs bone in, skin on
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup flour for dredging
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 whole garlic cloves peeled and smashed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 whole lemon cut into wedges
- Heat oven to 425˚. Season chicken generously with salt and pepper. Put flour on a plate and dredge chicken in flour to coat, shaking off excess.
- Heat oil in a 12" cast iron or oven proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken thighs skin side down and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. With tongs, and when the skillet easy releases the chicken skin, flip the chicken thighs over.
- Add wine, chicken broth, rosemary, garlic and bay leaves. Return pan to heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the cast iron skillet to the oven, and cook until chicken is tender, about 30 minutes.
Rosemary Chicken Thighs …It’s what’s for Dinner.