Hearty Cream of Chicken Soup. Ground Chicken, Hatch Chile and Muenster Cheese come together for this hearty Ranch Style Cream of Chicken Soup. Easy and crowd pleasing.
Our non-stop craving for soup continues. We’re currently living in typical Colorado January weather. Which means a Wintery mix of cold, snow, grey but with a smattering of a few beautiful sunshine days to remind us that Spring is only 6 Mondays away.
Soup is the “right” thing to eat this time of year and as I write this, I’m reviewing how our lives have been overtaken by brothy, creamy, hearty creations. It started with this Country Mushroom Soup, followed by this Chicken Hominy Soup with Bacon. One snowy night I snuck in our favorite Beef Chili and now this.
“This” is an exceptional soup recipe that’s not only easy, but wonderful in flavor. If you’re soup people like us, I’d recommend this one. Everything you’d expect with a cream of chicken soup but with the addition of bell pepper, tomato, and chile peppers. And how about some Muenster cheese for that extra kick of creamy. Don’t forget the cilantro for garnish.
Recipe for Ranch Style Cream of Chicken Soup
I hope you give this spicy cream of chicken soup recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite cream of chicken soup recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Chicken Soup Recipes
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper chopped
- 1 10 3/4 ounce condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups milk
- 3 ounce Hatch chile or Jalapeno chile roasted and chopped (or 1-4 can chiles)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 14- ounce can diced tomatoes undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 cup muenster cheese
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add ground chicken, chopped onion and bell pepper. Cook until chicken is mostly done and vegetables are tender. Add soup and milk and mix well.
- Add chiles, garlic powder, corn and tomatoes. Simmer for about 15 minutes to blend flavors. Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Serve immediately and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
Ranch Style Cream of Chicken Soup … It’s what’s for Dinner.
Love those “Cream of” soups? How about this one: