Need to revamp your ho-hum chicken dinner routine? This recipe will do the trick. Minimal prep, easy and family friendly. Tender chicken cutlets are dusted with flour and fried, then splashed with a flavorful tomato cumin vinaigrette. Fried Chicken Cutlets are your passport to an easy weeknight dinner.
There’s nothing like a home cooked meal. And some of those meals, with just a little effort can be very rewarding, in a restaurant quality sort of way.
And nothing says pride in presentation like fresh ingredients. I picked up some of the last of the beautiful heirloom cherry tomatoes at our local farmer’s market this weekend. Beautiful little bulbs of orange, yellow and red. And so sweet with flavor. It was as if I had found a pot of gold.
My bag was so full of these beautiful cherry tomatoes that I’ve spent the week either eating them like candy, or working them into my dinner routine. Salads, salads, and more salads and then this vinaigrette idea for these chicken cutlets.
The good news is, your local grocery store should carry multi-colored cherry tomatoes year round.
With an oil and vinegar base, a dash of cumin and some pureed cherry tomatoes. We loved the flavor combination with fried chicken cutlets.
Easy weeknight chicken dishes that bring a punch of full flavor are priceless. And thin, breaded chicken cutlets are so easy to make and cook in a flash.
Let’s take a look:
Recipe For Fried Chicken Cutlets with Cherry Tomato Vinaigrette
I hope you give this fried chicken cutlets recipe a try, and if you do, please come back and give the recipe a star rating. And if you have a favorite chicken cutlet recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try. They’re just such an easy dinner option.
More Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes
And if you’re looking for even more chicken recipes, don’t miss my Chicken Category. You’ll find lots of great recipes, including the one of the most popular on my site for Chicken Spinach Lasagna Rolls.
Fried Chicken Cutlets with Cherry Tomato and Cumin Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons shallot fine chopped
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes pureed
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a food processor, blend 1 cup of the cherry tomatoes until pureed. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add cumin, salt and pepper, vinegar, honey, dry mustard, shallot and a dash of white pepper.
- With a whisk, slowly add olive oil, whisking constantly until well blended. Add pureed tomatoes and mix well. Set aside while you make chicken.
- Cut the remaining cherry tomatoes in half and set aside.
- Place chicken cutlets on a cutting board or large surface. Salt and pepper and then dust them with the flour. Shake the cutlets to remove access flour.
- On the stove top, heat a non stick skillet over medium high heat. When pan is hot, add oil. When oil is hot, add chicken cutlets and brown on each side, cooking until juices run clear.
- To serve, place a chicken cutlet on the plate. Over greens makes a nice presentation. With a fork, mix the dressing again, to make sure it’s still blended. Sprinkle the halved cherry tomatoes over each cutlet and then drizzle the chicken cutlets with the dressing.