Well, the big game day is here. Living in Denver and being an avid Bronco fan for over thirty years, my excitement and anticipation is at a high level. As a matter of fact Denver has been Orange Power Bronco-crazed this whole season. One can only imagine how we’ve acted the last two weeks. So I’ll go ahead get it over early in this post…GO BRONCOS!
This is my second participation with the #SundaySupper Movement and I’m really enjoying the folks I’ve met. What a great group. I’ve found many talented and top-shelf bloggers to follow, not to mention some incredible recipes that have filled up my Pinterest boards. I really appreciate being a member. And if you’re not familiar, the #SundaySupper was started by Isabel over at Family Foodie as a project for “bringing back Sunday supper around the family table.” Who can argue with that??? This Sunday’s theme is “Super Eats for Game Day.” All I can say is, I can’t wait to browse what everyone has posted. Is there anything better that Football Food?
A couple of months ago I ran across this recipe for Queso Blanco over at Mary’s Barefeet In The Kitchen blog. What a great recipe, creamy, spicy smooth and cheesy, this was a keeper. I’ve prepared it a couple of times for a simple appetizer with corn chips. It’s easy and delicious! Stepping outside the bowl, why not let this dip become a part of a bigger picture? I decided to make some Mexican flavored meatballs and serve them drizzled with this creamy goodness. Spicy flavored meatballs dripping in cheesy bliss? Yes, please…and yum!
A fan of meatballs? How about this recipe from the archives. From the crockpot and a crowd pleaser, take a look at these Sweet and Sour, Grape Jelly Meatballs.
Now let’s get that South of the border recipe:
- 1.5 lbs lean ground beef
- ½ C. milk
- 1 C old fashioned oats (or panko bread crumbs)
- 1 egg
- ½ yellow onion, very fine chopped
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 T. chili powder
- 1 T. cumin
- 1 t. coriander
- 1 T. paprika
- 1 t. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with Pam. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Once well mixed, form the meat into small meatballs. I usually get about 20. Arrange meatballs on a baking sheet and bake 15 or 20 minutes.
- To serve, place meatballs on a serving platter and drizzle with the Queso Blanco.
For the Queso Blanco:
- ½ lb White American Cheese, roughly chopped into 1" pieces
- 4 tablespoons Hatch green chiles, roasted, peeled, chopped. Canned will also work
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno slices, diced fine
- 1 tablespoon juice from the pickled jalapenos
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¼ cup water
- ½ t. cumin
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size glass bowl. Microwave for five minutes, pausing to stir after every minute. Serve hot.
This past Friday the city was declared “United in Orange.” And of course our company stepped up to the task by asking each of our twenty branches to dress in Bronco Orange and Blue colors. Here’s our Highlands Ranch team “rockin’ it” banner style. Nicole, Stacie, Jenn, Coey and myself.
Make sure you check out all the Game Day deliciousness we are sharing this Sunday!
Game Day Appetizers:
- Honey Mustard Pretzel Crunch from Shockingly Delicious
- Salt and Vinegar Wings from Casa de Crews
- Saucy Wings and Thighs from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Macaroni and Cheese Spring Rolls from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Steak Rolls from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Alpine Sliders from Manu’s Menu
- Hellfire Wings from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Easy Nacho Bar from Momma’s Meals
- Jalapeno Popper Taquitos from Curious Cuisiniere
- Skinny Game Day Guacamole Potato Skins from Daily Dish Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Cups from Alida’s Kitchen
- Spinach-Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers from La Cocina de Leslie
- BBQ Veggie Mini Burgers from Happy Baking Days
- Spicy Roasted Corn Shrimp Dip from Food Lust People Love
- Honey-Sriracha Pigs in a Blanket from Hip Foodie Mom
- Beer Cheese Fondue from Melanie Makes
- Cheesy Artichoke and Garlic Bread from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Whole Wheat Pepperoni Pizza Bites from Meal Planning Magic
- Personal Chili Pots from MealDiva
- Italian Spring Rolls from Noshing with The Nolands
- Mexican Meatballs with Queso Blanco from Cooking on the Ranch
- Parmigiano Crisps from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Buffalo Chicken Potstickers from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mediterranean Nachos from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Chinese Barbecue Wings from girlichef
- Mini Veggie Quesadillas from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Roasted Tomato Hummus from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Cashew Baba Ghanoush : Roasted Eggplant Dip from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip Potato Skins from Family Foodie
- Lemon Bay Pan Roasted Shrimp from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
Game Day Entrees:
- Super Sloppy Joes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Buffalo Chicken Chili from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Meatball and Mozzarella Sandwiches from Cookin’ Mimi
- Super Bowl Bento from Ninja Baking
- Vegetarian “Chorizo” and Black Bean Chili from Foxes Love Lemons
- Twice Baked Chili Cheese Potatoes from Neighborfood
- Barbecue Chicken Sloppy Sandwiches from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Easy Vegetarian Chili from Delaware Girl Eats
- Game Day Chili from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Dr. Pepper Turkey Chili from The Texan New Yorker
Game Day Desserts:
- Heavenly Hash Cookies from The Foodie Patootie
- Cookie Dough Billionaire Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Streusel Bars from Magnolia Days
- Coffee Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Squares from Desserts Required
- Microwave Caramel Popcorn from Pies and Plots
- Mini Coconut Cups from Basic N Delicious
- Triple Chocolate S’mores Brownies from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Cracker Jack Candy from What Smells So Good?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday!
We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world.
Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag
and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.