Orange Ginger Steak, a great citrus inspired meal.
Jane is a proud Canadian who started her blog while on maternity leave. Jane’s blog is a great find for me because it’s chock full of savory recipes. This made my selection difficult. Loving all things citrus, and being crazy busy at work these days, I needed something easy so chose her Orange Ginger Short Rib recipe. When things slow down a bit next on the list will be her Individual Bacon Nachos and after that her homemade Egg Rolls and then the Corn and Bacon Chowder …I think you get the picture.
For the Orange Ginger recipe, Jane used short ribs, which my grocery store failed to offer, so I grabbed a trusty flank steak and went to work. The end result is a wonderful fresh flavor and the orange and ginger flavor really shined for a mid-winter meal. A side of creamy poblano mashed potatoes and it was a wonderful dinner.
Let’s take a look.
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- ½ inch of grated ginger
- ¼ cup walnut oil
- 1 tsp of crushed chili flakes
- 1 pound flank steak
- Combine all ingredients and place in a gallon sized Zip Lock bag. Let marinade for at least 4 hours. Remove steak from bag and broil about 7 minutes per side. Remove steak from oven and tent with foil for 10 minutes before slicing.
Orange Ginger Steak…It’s What’s for Dinner.
On this day..
- Potato and Celery Root Puree - 2015
- Award Winning Chili Recipe - 2012
- Ham and Manchego Sandwich - 2010