Oh Chimi…churri’ve you been all my life? Flavorful with fresh parsley, hot with red pepper flakes, garlicky with garlic, exciting with red wine vinegar, zesty with lemon…I’m in love with Chimichurri sauce.
I’m probably the last food blogger alive that’s just learned of Chimichurri Sauce. My gosh is it good. So fresh and perfect for steak. I need to let you know up front, that this is the first and only Chimichurri sauce recipe I’ve ever tried. And I’m not likely to go searching for another, unless someone comes up with a recipe that I can’t live without trying.
We had somewhat of a rocky start to our Memorial Day weekend. But, with 50 mph winds and extremely poor visibility complete with health warnings for our metro area for smoke from the 122,000 acre fire in the Gila National Forest in New Mexico, I wasn’t deterred from grilling on the first day of one of the biggest grilling holidays of the year. Even with the wind blowing out the grill three times, I managed to get this to the table I’m telling you, it was rough out there!
Served alongside one of my favorite salads, Grilled Romaine and Asparagus with Pine Nut Dressing…let the summer games begin! Thanks to Heather over at GirliChef for this recipe.
Grilled Flank Steak with a wonderful sauce
- 1/2 cup red onion minced
- 1/3 cup parsley flat leaf minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano fresh coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt coarse
- 1/3 teaspoon black pepper
Mix everything in a bowl and let stand at room temperature for at least 15 minutes.
Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce …It’s What’s for Dinner.
For more tasty Flank Steak Recipes, Check These Out:
- One Year Ago: Lamb Kabobs with Arugula and Creamy Lemon Vinaigrette
- Two Years Ago: Best Pasta Salad Ever
- Three Years Ago: Cream Cheese Flan