Flat Iron Steaks, grilled and then topped with a Whiskey and Country Mustard Butter. Add a side of grilled potatoes and you’re dining Western Style in a jiff.
Culinary School…practically everything I learned to cook was dripping in butter and had wine in it. Does it get any better than that? You don’t hear me complaining.s
I really doubt I needed to attend culinary school to learn how to make compound butter. I mean really how hard can it be? Softened butter with various sweet and savory ingredients blended in.
With that said, I certainly learned to appreciate compound butters during my time at school. We made so many flavors…the combinations seemed endless. Not to mention e-a-s-y! Flavored butters make dinner instantly taste better without breaking a sweat. Plus they’ll keep in the freezer for six months.
Chef’s Tip: Start with unsalted butter so you can control the amount of salt when adding seasonings. Most important with sweet compound butters. To achieve the fluffier butter, blend with a mixer. However, a fork and bowl works just fine as well.
For this recipe, I used Maille Country Rich Dijon. An affiliate link has been added for your convenience.
Whiskey Butter Recipe
Now let’s take a look at this easy compound butter for your next steak. And don’t forget those grilled potatoes. Makes for a great meal.
Whiskey Country Mustard Compound Butter
- 8 ounces unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Country Style Mustard
- 3 teaspoons Jack Daniels or other whiskey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- White pepper to taste
- Make Butter at least 3 hours in advance of dinner. Combine butter, Worcestershire, mustard, whiskey, salt, and pepper. Mix well. On a piece of plastic wrap, drop butter in spoonfuls to form a log. Roll butter in plastic wrap and smooth out to form a round log. Refrigerate until hard and easy to slice into rounds.
- To serve, bring to room temperature and place a round immediately on each sizzling steak.
Whiskey and Country Mustard Compound Butter …It’s perfect for Grilled Steak.