Simple Grilled Salmon fillets. The buttery flavor of salmon shines when flavored with butter and dill, this is an incredibly easy Summer grilled salmon dinner recipe.
We were invited to friends for a farewell dinner for our friends Greg and Cauleen, who are moving to Chicago. This simple grilled salmon was served and I couldn’t wait to make it at home.
Summer Grilled Salmon Dinner
Don’t you love simple grilled dinner served on the patio. This combination turned out to be Summer on a plate, in my humble opinion. Grilled Salmon served with sides of Creamy Cucumber Salad and simple grilled vegetables, it was an easy Summer grilled salmon meal.
For the grilled vegetables, I angle sliced zucchini and summer squash. Cleaned and trimmed green onions. Thick sliced some red onion. And halved a few mini bell peppers. In a large bowl, I tossed them all with some olive oil, seasoned lightly with salt and pepper and let the smoky flavors from grill do the rest.
I put them the same time as the salmon, tossed them several times, watched them closely so they didn’t burn and made sure I had some lovely grill marks. Easy!
Things turned a little on the indulgent side with Blueberry Peach Cobbler dessert. , topped with big scoops of vanilla ice cream. Out-of-this-world. I’ll be making this recipe soon and blogging about it. I had made the wise decision that I wouldn’t eat any, but once it was in front of me, I promptly ate the whole thing. I’m sure that’s happened to you. 🙂
Why Grill Salmon With The Skin Down?
Grilling salmon is actually very easy. But do you leave the skin on? Yes! When you grill salmon, keep that skin on. It provides a safety layer between the flesh and the hot grill. And it makes it much easier to slide a spatula under the salmon skin to remove once its cooked. Easy!
Recipe for Simple Grilled Salmon with Dill Butter
I hope you give this grilled salmon a try, and if you do, please come back and give the recipe a star rating, and leave a comment about your experience with the recipe.
And if you have a favorite grilled salmon recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Easy Salmon Fillet Recipes
- Peach Jam Glazed Salmon
- Lemon Lime Salmon with Lemon Butter
- Maple Mustard Glazed Salmon
- Spice Rubbed Salmon with Cilantro Lime Butter
- Grilled Teriyaki Salmon
- Crispy Seared Salmon with Spring White Bean Ragout
Simple Grilled Salmon Fillets with Dill Butter
- 2 Salmon Fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons butter room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill rough chopped
- Bring butter to room temperature. In a small bowl, combine softened butter with dill.
- Spray grill with cooking spray or rub the grates with oil.
- Light grill and preheat to 500 degrees and then turn down to 350
- Season fillets with onion powder, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. And coarse ground fresh cracked pepper is good here.
- Place fillets on hot grill, skin side down. Cook 20 minutes without turning. Check doneness after 15 minutes by pressing on the top of the salmon with a fork. Once the salmon separates easily, then it's done.
- Transfer the salmon to plates and top with a healthy dollop of the dill butter.
- Grilled vegetables are a simple side for this grilled salmon dinner.
As I type this, Greg, Cauleen, Cameron, Martini and Connor are on their way to Chicago. Love this photo she sent of the family packed into the car. The boys are enjoying breakfast while watching Monsters Inc.
Taken before they left, love them in the Colorado T-shirts. We wish them the best in their new adventure in life, and they will be very missed in Colorado.
Simple Grilled Salmon…It’s What’s for Salmon Saturday.