Shrimp and scallops are gently poached and soaked in a lemon, lime, orange juice bath. The citrus flavors are outstanding in this Citrus Shrimp and Scallop Ceviche recipe.
What a way to kick off the 4th of July holiday! We enjoyed a fabulous dinner last night, fresh, delicious, pretty and healthy. Shrimp Ceviche and Salad.
First of all let me say that my cilantro and parsley in my garden are now large enough to use. I planted both by seed on May 10. The silly wabbit ate my basil, so I had to purchase a fully grown plant to replace it. It felt so good to walk out to the garden and pick fresh herbs to use in this meal.
What do we love about this recipe? The orange juice is a trick I learned at our favorite Mexican restaurant. I like that the small chunks of shrimp and scallops are poached for a couple of minutes before the citrus brine period. And of course serving it with tortilla chips.
Recipe for Shrimp and Scallop Ceviche
I hope you this shrimp ceviche recipe and try and if you do, please come back and give the recipe a star rating.
And if you have a favorite shrimp and scallop ceviche recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
You Might Also Like:
- Shrimp Campechana, A Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
- Halibut Ceviche “Veracruz”
- Shrimp Tacos with Lime Dressing and Crunchy Vegetables
Shrimp and Scallop Ceviche
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/8 teaspoon New Mexico Red Chile Powder or paprika
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 20 bay scallops
- 1/2 medium Vidalia Onion finely chopped
- 16 medium Shrimp peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 green onion white and some of the green chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno diced
- 1 olive oil
- 1/8 cup cilantro rough chopped
- 3/4 cup tomato diced
- 1/2 avocado rough chopped
- a couple dashes of hot sauce
- Add orange juice, lemon juice, lime juice, chile powder, ketchup and garlic to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, add shrimp and bay scallops; and let poach in liquid, about 2 minutes. Using a sieve, drain shrimp and scallops over a bowl and reserve juice mixture.
- Chop shrimp to resemble the size of the scallops. Place shrimp and scallops on a plate and put in the fridge to chill. Cool down the citrus mixture by placing it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Add diced tomato, the onions, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, olive oil, and hot sauce to cooled mixture. Add chilled shrimp and scallops stirring well to coat. Let flavors marry in the refrigerator for up to two hours.
- When ready to serve, dip serving glasses into lime juice and then into kosher salt. Spoon diced avocado into the bottom of each glass and spoon shrimp-scallop mixture with plenty of juice in each glass.
BAM – YUMMO – FANTASTIC- BON APETITE and what ever else all of our celebrity chefs say – these ceviche recipes are all of that.
Shrimp and Scallop Ceviche …It’s What’s For Dinner