Adding preserved lemon, cumin and smoked paprika to Swiss chard makes a wonderful side dish for fried eggs. A super healthy Moroccan breakfast recipe that is very big on flavor.
Moroccan Breakfast, Why This Recipe Works
Greens with eggs. It’s not exactly what you’d expect on a breakfast table in Colorado. Perhaps steak and eggs?
This Moroccan breakfast recipe is so jam packed full of flavor, you’ll find yourself making it time after time.
Swiss Chard And Eggs
I chose this Moroccan breakfast recipe because I have this $8.00 jar of preserved lemons that I refuse to let go bad like I did with the last $8.00 jar.
The two beautiful bunches of chard that I brought home from the market came alive with flavor after a sauté in olive oil and seasonings.
This healthy Mediterranean breakfast recipe is earthy with smoked paprika, sultry with cumin, and lively with red pepper flakes and chili powder, we savored every bite.
And with a sunny side up egg nestled alongside, what a delightful way to go green. A perfect breakfast recipe if you’re following the Mediterranean diet plan.
Swiss Chard and Eggs Breakfast Recipe
So if you’re looking for Mediterranean Breakfast recipes, I hope you give this super Moroccan breakfast recipe a try. If you’re looking for healthy breakfast recipes for weight loss, this one is right up your alley. So healthy. So low-carb. So perfect.
And if you have a favorite Moroccan egg recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
Looking for more healthy egg breakfast recipes?
Take a look at these:
- Sherried Mushrooms with Fried Eggs on Toast. Totally delicious.
- Baked Eggs with Avocado, Layers of sliced ham, ripe tomatoes and creamy avocados topped with eggs and baked, served piping hot from the oven.
- 5 Easy Omelette Recipes, Omelettes make such an easy quick breakfast, lunch or even dinner. Here you’ll find the classic French technique to make a perfect omelette every time.
- Rio Grande Scrambled Eggs, An easy Southwestern scrambled egg recipe to feed your next hungry breakfast or brunch crowd.
Moroccan Breakfast Recipe, Swiss Chard and Fried Eggs
- 2 bunches chard red stems removed and rough chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 piece preserved lemon chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch crushed pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic fine chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Wash the greens well and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Heat the olive oil to medium in a large fry pan. Add the greens and cook stirring frequently. When they start to wilt, add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the cumin and paprika.Cover tightly, and turn down the heat. Let it steep and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the preserved lemon and parsley. Stir to combine all flavors, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Plate the greens, drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with chili powder. Serve alongside a sunny side up egg and some bread.
Swiss Chard with Eggs … It’s what’s for Breakfast