This Jalapeno Artichoke Dip comes together so easily you’ll be dipping that cracker before you know it. Our favorite cheese dip takes a trip South of the Border by adding jalapeno peppers for a feisty version of a classic.
One of the best things about this party dip is that its super easy.
No baking. And no fussing with a food processor to chop the ingredients.
All you need is a bowl, a knife, a few simple ingredients and about 15 minutes of your time.
With a base of cream cheese, mayo is added to make things even creamier. Rough chopped artichokes for a chunky texture and diced jalapeno peppers bring excitement to the party. What’s not to love?
Add lots of dried spices for easy seasoning. Easy to make and an easy clean up job.
A perfect and popular appetizer for any type of gathering, let’s take a look at how easy this is to throw together.
Table of contents
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Cream Cheese, softened.
- Canned Artichoke Hearts. Avoid marinated artichoke hearts.
- Parmesan Cheese
- Jalapeno Peppers
- Dried Onion Flakes
- Garlic Powder: Granulated garlic works great here.
- Mayonnaise: Substitute Sour Cream for the mayo.
- Chile Peppers: Sub one Poblano pepper for the jalapeno peppers.
- Onion: Substitute 2 tablespoons grated onion for the dried onion flakes.
- Garlic Powder: Use 1 – 2 large cloves of garlic pressed through a garlic press.
- Cheese: Substitute shredded Monterey Jack Cheese or Pepper Jack.
Step by Step Instructions … It’s Easy
Tip: Allow one hour for cream cheese to come to room temperature to become soft enough to blend together with ingredients.
- Step 1: Drain the artichoke hearts and rough chop them. Dice the jalapeno peppers and add all ingredients to a large bowl.
- Step 2: Using a large sturdy fork, stir until well blended.
What To Serve With Artichoke Dip
This dip is almost like a “spread”, so serve things that are sturdy. Even if you’re providing a spreader knife.
- Sturdy crackers, like Triscuits, Wheat Thins and Water Crackers.
- Vegetables such as carrot sticks, wide sliced cucumbers and slices of bell peppers work well here.
- Sturdy Pita Chips are a great idea for this dip.
- Sliced and toasted Baguette works well here.
- I’ve served this spread on mini bagels and it was a delicious combo.
- Avoid: Tortilla chips or thin soft crackers. Even with a spreader, they simply will break.
Yes, and it’s actually better if you do. Make it a day or two ahead of time and store in the refrigerator covered. Making Jalapeno Artichoke Dip ahead will allow the flavors to blend and marry.
This is a chunky style dip. If you want to make it smooth and creamy, place all ingredients in a food processor and give it a few whirls.
Jalapeno peppers can most certainly be spicy. But you can control the heat level. If jalapenos are just a little too hot for your palate, make sure to remove the veins and seeds before chopping. This is where the heat of the pepper lies and removing them will bring you that pure jalapeno pepper flavor that we love. Simply cut the top off the pepper and using the handle of a spoon, firmly scrape out the veins. Then slice the pepper half length-wise. Using a sharp paring knife, trim the remaining veins. Use gloves, or oil your hands before starting this process.
Tip: Cut the jalapeno pepper into a small dice. The smaller pieces of jalapeno will distribute better for a more even heat and flavor experience for this jalapeno dip. Rather than large chunks that might surprise guests with a shot of hot spice.
Recipe for Jalapeno Artichoke Dip
I hope you give this Jalapeno Artichoke Dip Recipe a try. It truly is an easy quick dip for any type of gathering. Or even to keep in the fridge for a family snack. And most certainly keep this recipe in your back pocket for Super Bowl.
More Popular Easy Dip Appetizer Recipes
Jalapeno Artichoke Dip
- 14 1/2 ounces artichoke hearts Canned, drained and rough chopped
- 3 medium jalapeño peppers seeded, membranes removed and fine diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened to room temperature
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Allow one hour for the cream cheese to soften at room temperature.
- Place chopped artichoke hearts, jalapeños, garlic powder, onion flakes and parmesan cheese in a large bowl. Mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or for best flavor refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to marry. Bring to room temperature before serving. Serve with crackers, pretzels or vegetables.
- Allow one hour for cream cheese to come to room temperature and become soft enough to blend together with ingredients.
- Cut the jalapeno pepper into a small dice. The smaller pieces of jalapeno will distribute better for a more even heat and flavor experience for this jalapeno dip. Rather than large chunks that might surprise guests with a shot of hot spice
Jalapeno Artichoke Dip … It’s what’s for an Appetizer.
And, don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for more delicious recipes and cooking tips. Make it a delicious day … every day.
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on my website, please leave a star rating in the recipe card below. And write a review in the comment section. I always appreciate your feedback.
This Artichoke Jalapeno dip recipe was first published in January of 2017 and republished October 2022 with better instructions and step by step photos.