Hatch Chile Spicy Hummus Dip is one of our best Hatch green chili recipes! Hummus comes alive when paired with Southwestern ingredients. A kick of heat from roasted chopped Hatch Chile Peppers and a shake or two of cumin and Tabasco Sauce.
Warm pita bread may be one of the best simple pleasures in life. Soft, chewy and so wonderful in flavor. And when cut into those fluffy little triangles, so perfect and pretty for dipping.
Thanks to Debra over at Eliot’s Eats and her recent trip to New Mexico for this idea. Her visit to a restaurant who served Green Chile Spicy Hummus had me digging into my freezer for my stash of Hatch Green Chiles, pronto.
Hatch Chile Spicy Hummus Dip
No homemade pita bread for this recipe. I’ve never made homemade pita bread before. It’s on my list of things to accomplish and I can only imagine how wonderful it is. But with a Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill close by, who serves and sells killer pitas, I’m afraid I’ve been too lazy to give it a try.
But making my own spicy hummus has kept me out of the super-slacker category for this one.
I have tinkered and tinkered with getting a hummus recipe just right for my taste and you’ll find the recipe in this post about Ya Ya’s Grilled Pita and Hummus. A great version topped with feta and olives. = YUM.
So next time you’re making homemade hummus for an appetizer, take it up a notch with some spice. This spicy hummus is delicious, with just a kick of heat from the chile, sultry with cumin and a few shakes of Tabasco to keep us honest.
Spicy Hummus Serving Suggestions
Serve with your favorite dippers. I used pita, carrots, slices of cucumber and cornichons. You’ll find this on my Super Bowl buffet next Sunday.
I hope you give this Hatch Chile Hummus recipe a try, and if you do, please give the recipe a star rating and leave a comment about your experience with the recipe.
And if you have a favorite spicy hummus recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Hummus Recipes
- Ya Ya’s Hummus with Olives and Feta
- Hummus with Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Hummus with Slow Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and Capers
And if you’re looking for more dip and spread recipes, don’t miss my Appetizer Category. You’ll find lots of finger food, party food ideas. Including the most popular appetizer recipe on my site for Pear and Blue Cheese Crostini. Check it out.
Hatch Chile Spicy Hummus Dip
- 2 cups Homemade Hummus Link in Instruction section
- 4 Roasted Hatch Green Chile peeled, stems and seeds removed, diced
- 1 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 3 shakes Tabasco Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Ripe olives sliced in half
- 1/2 teaspoon New Mexico Red Chile Powder or ancho chile powder
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Remove most of the charred skin from the Hatch green chile. Cut the top off the chile, and clean out most of the seeds. Rough chop.
- In a bowl, mix the hummus, green chile, cumin and Tabasco. Sprinkle with chile powder and sliced rip olives.
- Serve with pita chips, corn chips, carrots, celery, cornichons
- Homemade Hummus Recipe = https://highlandsranchfoodie.com/ya-yas-grilled-pita-and-hummus/#.WzpmAxJKjOQ
Hatch Green Chile Spicy Hummus Dip …It’s what’s for an Appetizer.