This Chocolate Tart Recipe is so easy and so creamy delicious you’ll want to make it all the time. 4 ingredients and a hot oven. Done!
Three ingredients, chocolate … cream … eggs …BOOM.
One of the perks of these classes, is that they always throw in a little surprise treat for fun. The last class I took, they brought out a beautiful bowl of Dubliner Cheese Spread with crackers, for a little appetizer while we cooked. You bet I got that recipe. 🙂
Chef instructor Mark Kalix is engaging in personality and with twenty years experience as a professional chef, a wealth of knowledge.
A couple of months ago at our gnocchi class, he surprised us with this Chocolate Tart for dessert.
One bite of this and I went weak in the knees. When I asked for the recipe he surprisingly rattled off the three ingredients.
And said “That’s it!.” “That’s it?” I asked? “That’s it!” he replied.
How To Make This Chocolate Tart
And truly, this is such a simple tart to make:
- Warm the cream on the stovetop until it starts to simmer around the edges.
- Remove from heat and whisk in chocolate chips until they’re melted.
- Add beaten eggs and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tart shell.
- Bake at 375 for 30-ish minutes.
- Top with a clever garnish and sit back and accept those praises.
Don’t let this one fool you, this simple and unassuming little dessert is decadent and celebration worthy.
And please take the time to make your own tart crust (Pate Brisee). It’s a skill that every home cook should master. So much better than store purchased.
How Long Will This Chocolate Tart Last?
If it’s not gobbled up immediately, this chocolate tart will keep in the refrigerator for 3 days. Please cover with plastic wrap before storing, so it won’t dry out. The reason for storing this tart in the refrigerator is due to the chocolate mix containing eggs.
Chocolate Tart Recipe
I hope you give this easy chocolate tart recipe a try, and if you do, please come back and give the recipe a star rating. And leave a comment about your experience with the recipe.
And if you have a favorite chocolate tart recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Chocolate Dessert Recipes
- Chile Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Bourbon Frosting
- Dark Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
- Mexican Chocolate Sauce with Kahlua
- Cheesecake Black Bottom Chocolate Cupcakes
- Pepita Mexican Chocolate Cake
And if you love to serve sweet treats, don’t miss my Dessert Category. You’ll find lots of great ideas.
Like this recipe? Join the Cooking On The Ranch Community (it’s free to join) and I’ll send you even more comfort food recipes just like this. Join HERE.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs whipped
- 1 pie crust
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Form pie crust into an 8 inch tart shell.
- To make the filling: Heat the heavy cream in a pot over medium-low flame, until it simmers slightly around the edges.
- Remove from the heat; add the chocolate chips and stir until melted and smoothed out.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl until blended and add them to the chocolate mixture, stir until completely blended.
- Pour the filling into the tart shell and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes until the filling is set and the surface is glossy.
- If you see any bubbles or cracks forming on the surface, take the tart out right away – that means it is beginning to become over baked. Cool before cutting.
- Garnish with fruit and chopped pecans. A dusting of powder sugar on half of the tart would also be nice here.
Chocolate Tart …It’s what’s for Dessert.