Shredded Chicken Tostadas recipe. Classic Mexican Tostadas with a Greek Twist. Just add Feta Cheese and Olives. So easy, this is a great weeknight quick easy meal.
Have you ever escabeche ‘d? I think my biggest takeaway from being a Rick Bayless devotee has been the discovery of dishes that use vinegar. Use vinegar to either cook in or marinate in. I wouldn’t call it exactly “pickling”, but it sure adds a wonderful zing to your Mexican dish. The simplest way to enjoy this method is to simply toss lettuce with a little red wine vinegar before sprinkling on your favorite taco recipe. Try it sometime – you’ll be glad you did.
And, would you like an easy method to make your own tostada shells from soft corn or flour tortillas. So easy! And so much better than packaged tostada shells. Simply preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Grab a sheet pan and place your soft flour or corn tortillas on the pan. Brush each side with a little olive oil. You can even overlap the tortillas to make a larger batch.
Bake them 3 minutes, turn them and bake an additional 3 minutes. Voila – crispy wonderful homemade tostadas shells for any homemade tostada recipe. With that said, let’s take a look at this zesty chicken version.
For extra flavor, sprinkle each side of the corn tortilla lightly with salt and chile or chili powder before cooking.
With a chicken breast in the freezer, feta cheese that I keep on hand for salads, a tomato that’s been basking in the sunshine on the kitchen counter, black olives from the relish plate from the Super Bowl party and my homemade tostada shells fresh out of the oven, I was able to throw this super easy recipe together for dinner.
Chicken Tostadas Recipe with Feta and Olives
I hope you give this recipe for Chicken Tostadas a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite chicken tostadas recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
This is a really easy and delicious recipe that will become a staple around our house. And of course with tostadas, there are so many variations available if you don’t have all the exact items on hand. For instance take a look at this Black Bean Chicken Tostada Recipe … yum and easy. And you won’t want to miss this very special recipe for Adobo Grilled Shrimp Tostadas with Lime Slaw.
- 3/4 pound plum tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives sliced
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast about 1 pound. Cooked and shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper fresh ground
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil plus more for brushing tortillas
- 8 small flour or corn tortillas
- 1/2 pound feta cheese about 2 cups, crumbled
- Heat the oven to 450°. In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, combine the tomatoes, olives, parsley, chicken, salt, pepper, vinegar, and the 3 tablespoons oil.
- Brush the tortillas on both sides with oil and then put on baking sheets, overlapping if necessary. Bake the tortillas until starting to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the tortillas and brown the other side, 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven and top each tortilla with an equal amount of the feta cheese. Return the baking sheets to the oven; cook until the cheese is just melting, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Top the tortillas with the chicken mixture.
Chicken Tostadas with Feta Cheese…It’s What’s For Dinner