I hope this post finds everyone basking in the wonderful Holiday Season. I picture all of you enjoying the postmortem of the season; browsing through new cookbooks, playing with gifted electronics, fiddling with new kitchen gadgets, grazing on leftovers and most importantly, enjoying family. I know one thing for sure, I don’t remember feeling one single hunger pang since before Thanksgiving.
One of my gifts under the tree this year was a Cowboy Studio Umbrella Lighting Kit. What this means is that over the next few months of winter, I no longer have to have dinner prepared by 3:00 in the afternoon in order to get a decent food photo. The photo above is the first photo I’ve taken using the lights. It’s my Cherry Dessert. I served it at the Christmas Eve family dinner. I thought it would be rather rude to usher family members to the table surrounded by umbrella stands with 1200 watt of light staring down at the feast. So in good taste, I staged this the next day. I’m pleased and look forward to using the lights after dark in our dimly lit dining room. Hubs will understand.
I’ve had this recipe for 100 years. It’s one of those oldies-but-goodies that probably came off of either a Cool Whip container or a package of Cream Cheese. It’s really good.
I always like to make a pie for my holiday dinner so I can use my green pie plate with the Santa face cover. This one’s an easy and delicious dessert year round, let’s take a look.
- 1 package Honey Maid Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ C. pecans, chopped
- 1 can Wilderness Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 container Cool Whip
- Follow instructions on the box of Honey Maid Graham Cracker Crumbs to make a 9" pie crust. Press crust into pie pan and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cream together cream cheese and pecans.
- Spread a layer of Cool Whip on chilled and firm pie crust. Top with the cream cheese and pecan mixture. Next spread on the Wilderness Cherry Pie Filling. I didn't quite use the whole can. Top with a nice thick layer of cool whip. Sprinkle top with unprepared graham cracker crumbs from the box.
- Chill overnight.
Easy Cherry Dessert…It’s what’s for ah…er… Dessert.
On this day..
- Best Foodie Gifts and Not So Christmasy Pie - 2014
- Mexican Dinner Menu: Josie's Crock Pot Pinto Beans aka Cowboy Beans - 2010