Look at all of these beautiful, fresh and healthy ingredients. I’m trying to eat as healthy as I can before the month-long food gorge begins in a couple of weeks. And believe you me, I plan to whole heartedly participate in the Holiday food festivities.
Whole Foods has been having what they call a “One Day Sale”. Each Wednesday they offer a very good “deal” and alert you to what is on sale by email the day before. I don’t know if they are doing this at all locations, but if you have a Whole Foods near you, you might want to sign up for their newsletter and receive these notifications. I’ve been loving the sales. This week, Crab legs for $9.99/lb. Prompting this crab salad recipe with avocado and asparagus.
This is a new recipe for us, and we loved it. Also, easy as can be.
1 lb thick asparagus
7 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
3 Tbs fresh lemon juice
6 medium basil leaves
1 small shallot, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
3 1/2 oz pea shoots, trimmed
1/4 cup salted roasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
1 lb jumbo lump crab meat
2 Hass avocados, each cut into 8 wedges
1. Cut tough ends off asparagus and throw away. Slice asparagus tops into 1 inch chunks. Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Fill a bowl with ice water. Blanch the asparagus in the boiling water until just heated through, 10 seconds. Drain and transfer to the ice water to chill; drain well. Pat dry and transfer to a bowl.
2. In a blender, blend the oil, lemon juice, basil, shallot and 1/4 cup of the parsley. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
3. Add the pea shoots, pistachios and the remaining 1/4 cup of parsley leaves to the asparagus. Toss with half of the dressing and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with crab meat. Serves 4
And enjoy! Not a great photo, but this is a beautiful salad. We served this with Rosemary Sourdough bread from Whole Foods. DEE-licious little meal. This meal was adapted from Food and Wine.
Crab Salad Recipe With Avocado and Asparagus…It’s What’s For Dinner.
On this day..
- Feta and Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts - 2012
- Homemade Hashbrown Potatoes...Take Two - 2011
- Chicken Noodle Soup - 2010