The colors of Summer are upon us. A variety of chopped fresh vegetables and a zingy vinaigrette brings this Cucina Bean Salad Recipe to a lively level. A white bean salad paired with black beans and fresh vegetables, this is a beautiful side dish for any main course. And even better as a picnic salad.
Served on a bed of crisp Romaine lettuce, this is a great way to celebrate the season of grilling.
Inspired by these perfectly shaped, colorful bell peppers, this side dish comes alive with a burst of Summer color.
It’s always time to celebrate when Vidalia Onions hit our Colorado markets. We cherish them while we can, and they bring a crisp sweet bite to this fresh side salad.
This recipe comes together easy using a can each of Great Northern White Beans and Black Beans.
Set aside some time for chopping and you’ve got yourself a easy, fresh side dish for any grilled meat entree.
This white bean salad recipe is a cultural mix between an Italian Bean Salad and a Mexican Bean Salad. The end result is a colorful fresh side dish that will work for about any meat entree that you serve. It’s delightful in flavor and healthy. What a perfect combination. And using canned beans makes this an easy fix.
Beans Salads are our favorite Summer side dishes. So if you’re looking for more ideas, take a look at these recipes from some of the best bloggers I know:
And some of my bean salad recipes:
Cucina Bean Salad Recipe
I hope you give this bean salad recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite vegetable bean salad recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
Cucina Bean Salad
- 1 15- ounce can Great Northern Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15- ounce can black bens rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cup tomatoes chopped
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper diced
- 3/4 cup yellow bell pepper diced
- 3/4 cup green onion thin sliced
- 1/2 cup medium heat salsa
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 large head romaine lettuce fine shredded
- In a large bowl, combine Great Northern beans, black beans and tomatoes. Stir gently. Add bell peppers and green onions. Stir gently to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine salsa, vinegar, sugar, cilantro, salt and pepper.. whisk to blend. Pour over bean mixture and toss gently. May be prepared to this point up to 2 days in advance. Line large salad bowl with shredded lettuce and top with bean mixture.