This is a recipe for pan-seared halibut. Flaky sweet halibut is a perfect platform for this toasted cilantro and lime bread crumb topping. It’s an elegant, easy and incredibly tasty seafood dinner. Let’s take a look at this pan-seared halibut recipe.
Beautiful wild caught Halibut is expensively showcased in our markets right now. I grabbed 3/4 pound and sauteed it into this delicious dinner for two.
Served alongside a Rick Bayless inspired Avocado and Mango Salad with toasted pepita dressing topped with crumbled queso fresco, we enjoyed a very special southwestern meal. I’ve included an affiliate link for Rick Bayless for your convenience.
This would work fine with Mahi-Mahi or even Tilapia. But I would recommend the thicker filet of the halibut. Any type of finely ground bread crumbs would do, but I always have a container of Italian bread crumbs in the pantry. Combining the two flavor combinations made for a wonderful crunchy flavor on that fish. For a cleaner flavor, use Panko. This is a very clever pan seared halibut recipe.
Recipe for Pan Seared Halibut with Cilantro Lime Bread Crumb Topping
I hope you give this simple chicken stir fry recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite easy chicken stir-fry recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
- Oven Roasted Ling Cod with Lemon Aioli
- Halibut Ceviche
- Pan Seared Cod with Mustard Cream Sauce
- Steamed Cod in Parchment
And if you’re looking for even more seafood recipes, don’t miss my Seafood Category. You’ll find lots of healthy dinner ideas, including the most popular on my site for Heavenly Halibut.
And, don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for more delicious recipes and cooking tips. Make it a delicious day … every day.
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on my website, please leave a star rating in the recipe card below. And write a review in the comment section. I always appreciate your feedback.
Flaky Sweet Pan Seared Halibut With Cilantro Lime Bread Topping
- 3/4 pound Halibut
- 4 tablespoons lime juice divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs panko or italian
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons cilantro crushed divided
- 1 teaspoon lime juice zest
- fresh ground pepper
- Rub the fish with half the lime juice and salt. Place skin side down in a heavy skillet and saute in olive oil until almost done. Turn during cooking.
- In another skillet add olive oil and heat. Add the breadcrumbs, garlic, salt and 2 T. cilantro. Toast over low heat, stirring constantly until crumbs are golden brown.
- Spread over the fish and cook until fish flakes easily.
- Blend the remaining lime juice and oil together. Drizzle over fish.
- Combine remaining cilantro and lime zest and sprinkle over fish.
- Serve hot with warmed tortillas and lime wedges.
Pan Seared Halibut Recipe with Cilantro Lime Bread Crumb Topping … It’s What’s for Dinner.
Why Trust These Recipes? Lea Ann Brown has lived, worked and played in Colorado for 45 years. She has immersed herself in the Colorado Culinary space, is a Culinary School Graduate and publishes her Colorado food Blog, Cooking On The Ranch.