This is a recipe for pan seared halibut. Flaky Sweet Halibut is a perfect platform for this toasted cilantro and lime bread crumb topping. It’s an elegant, easy and incredibly tasty dinner. Let’s take a look at this Pan Seared Halibut recipe.
Beautiful wild caught Halibut is expensively showcased in our markets right now. I grabbed 3/4 pound and sauteed it into this delicious dinner for two. Served alongside a Rick Bayless inspired Avocado and Mango Salad with toasted pepita dressing topped with crumbled queso fresco, we enjoyed a very special southwestern meal. I’ve included an affiliate link for Rick Bayless for your convenience.
This would work fine with Mahi-Mahi or even Tilapia. But I would recommend the thicker filet of the halibut. Any type of finely ground bread crumbs would do, but I always have a container of Italian bread crumbs in the pantry. Combining the two flavor combinations made for a wonderful crunchy flavor on that fish. For a cleaner flavor, use Panko. This is a very clever pan seared halibut recipe.
Recipe for Pan Seared Halibut with Cilantro Lime Bread Crumb Topping
I hope you give this simple chicken stir fry recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite easy chicken stir-fry recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Halibut Recipes:
Flaky Sweet Pan Seared Halibut With Cilantro Lime Bread Topping
- 3/4 pound Halibut
- 4 tablespoons lime juice divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs panko or italian
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons cilantro crushed divided
- 1 teaspoon lime juice zest
- fresh ground pepper
- Rub the fish with half the lime juice and salt. Place skin side down in a heavy skillet and saute in olive oil until almost done. Turn during cooking.
- In another skillet add olive oil and heat. Add the breadcrumbs, garlic, salt and 2 T. cilantro. Toast over low heat, stirring constantly until crumbs are golden brown.
- Spread over the fish and cook until fish flakes easily.
- Blend the remaining lime juice and oil together. Drizzle over fish.
- Combine remaining cilantro and lime zest and sprinkle over fish.
- Serve hot with warmed tortillas and lime wedges.
Looking for other seafood recipes for those thick cuts of fish? How about:
Pan Seared Halibut Recipe with Cilantro Lime Bread Crumb Topping … It’s What’s for Dinner.