The colors of Summer are upon us. A variety of chopped fresh vegetables and a zingy vinaigrette brings this Cucina Bean Salad Recipe to a lively level. A white bean salad paired with black beans and fresh vegetables, this is a beautiful side dish for any main course. And even better as a picnic salad.
Served on a bed of crisp Romaine lettuce, this is a great way to celebrate the season of grilling.
Inspired by these perfectly shaped, colorful bell peppers, this side dish comes alive with a burst of Summer color.
It’s always time to celebrate when Vidalia Onions hit our Colorado markets. We cherish them while we can, and they bring a crisp sweet bite to this fresh side salad.
This recipe comes together easy using a can each of Great Northern White Beans and Black Beans.
Set aside some time for chopping and you’ve got yourself a easy, fresh side dish for any grilled meat entree.
This white bean salad recipe is a cultural mix between an Italian Bean Salad and a Mexican Bean Salad. The end result is a colorful fresh side dish that will work for about any meat entree that you serve. It’s delightful in flavor and healthy. What a perfect combination. And using canned beans makes this an easy fix.
Beans Salads are our favorite Summer side dishes. So if you’re looking for more ideas, take a look at these recipes from some of the best bloggers I know:
And some of my bean salad recipes:
Cucina Bean Salad Recipe
I hope you give this bean salad recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite vegetable bean salad recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
- 1 15- ounce can Great Northern Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15- ounce can black bens rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cup tomatoes chopped
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper diced
- 3/4 cup yellow bell pepper diced
- 3/4 cup green onion thin sliced
- 1/2 cup medium heat salsa
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 large head romaine lettuce fine shredded
- In a large bowl, combine Great Northern beans, black beans and tomatoes. Stir gently. Add bell peppers and green onions. Stir gently to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine salsa, vinegar, sugar, cilantro, salt and pepper.. whisk to blend. Pour over bean mixture and toss gently. May be prepared to this point up to 2 days in advance. Line large salad bowl with shredded lettuce and top with bean mixture.
I’m sending this bean salad recipe over to Meal Plan Monday, hosted by Big Bear’s Wife. Check it out.