Shrimp and Mahi Mahi Kabobs with Jalapeno Butter

Man there’s a lot going on in that photo. I may have used the wrong plate for this shot, ya think?

This is hands down my favorite recipe for grilling seafood. Shrimp and Mahi Mahi kabobs are marinated, skewered and grilled. In the center, you’ll find my Green Rice, which will be my next recipe post.

For now, let’s crop out some of that clutter and focus on these seafood skewers.¬† Shrimp and Mahi-Mahi marinated in lime juice, garlic and olive oil, and then grilled. The best part comes at the table.

This is simply softened unsalted butter with finely chopped jalapeno added. When the seafood skewers hit the plate, just dab them with some of this butter and the sweet and spicy goodness melts into the sweet seafood meat. Divine. And incredibly easy.

Let’s take a look:

Seafood Skewers with Jalapeno Butter

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Easy and delicious.
Author:
Recipe type: Southwestern Seafood
Serves: 4
Ingredients
  • 1 pound shrimp, deveined, shells removed, tails intact
  • Juice of two limes
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • salt and freshly ground pepper
  • ¼ C. softened butter
  • 1 jalapenos, deveined, seeds removed, finely chopped
  • torn cilantro leaves to sprinkle
Instructions
  1. Prepare the seafood. Peel and devein shrimp. Cut the Mahi-Mahi into cubes to somewhat match the size of the shrimp for even cooking.
  2. Make the marinade: put the squeezed juice of 2 limes with the olive oil and garlic in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly to blend and add some salt and pepper. Put the prepared seafood in the marinade and stir gently until it is completely coated. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
  3. Remove seafood from the marinade and thread alternately on skewers. Grill or broil , turning occasionally, until cooked and tender. Approximately 5 minutes. Baste with more marinade if the pieces appear to be drying out.
  4. In the meantime make the chile butter; blend the softened butter with the chopped chiles and thoroughly blend.
  5. Arrange the skewers on plates on a bed of rice. Pat chili butter over all. Scatter with ftorn cilantro leaves.
  6. Scallops, tuna, or any type of seafood can be used.

Shrimp and Mahi Mahi Kabobs …It’s What’s for Dinner.

Comments

It looks delicious LA – I think. Seriously, the like the marinade but I love the chile butter idea. I read it to Bev and she grinned and said “I believe that recipe is right up my alley, right up my alley.”

• Lea Ann says

Sam, and such simple flavors. I’m always tempted to throw in some chipotle, or Tabasco or something, but always keep it simple.

• Lea Ann says

Actually, this is the only seafood skewer recipe in my database. Can’t believe I’ve not blogged about it before.

I’ve seen some similar recipe online but I love the Mahi-Mahi in your skewers! This sounds like the perfect summer dish and a must try.

• Lea Ann says

I’ve had this recipe for 20 or so years, can’t remember where it came from. Maybe I copied it from a restaurant, which is what I used to do a lot. It’s one of my favorites.

3. dan says

Wow! you’re killing me. Jalapeno butter? Right up my alley.
    Good photos, I almost got in my car and came for leftovers.

You had me jalapeno butter. I cannot WAIT to try this. And I love that photo. The red, yellow and green are my colors, and those plates are so festive. Ole’, Girlfriend!

• Lea Ann says

Bob liked that photo also. I just thought there was no place for your eyes to go…but everywhere. :) I have no idea why I’ve not blogged about this recipe before. So easy, and so good, and healthy. And I’ve used it for years and years. Let me know how you like it.

• Lea Ann says

I agree Jenn. Funny I’ve never used it with anything but this recipe. I’ll have to expand my horizons. :)

Laughing with you, yeah, I’ve done that and then didn’t notice until looking at the pics on the PC. Ooops….wrong plate!

I’m loving a chipotle/cilantro butter lately too.