Seafood Pan Roast
A great dinner or starter for your next special occasion dinner.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 fennel bulb very finely diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fennel fronds
- 6 in jumbo shrimp butterflied their shells
- ounce Three 8- frozen raw South African lobster tails thawed and halved lengthwise
- 6 oysters shucked and both shells reserved
- 6 ounces large sea scallops 2 to 3 each
- Garlic toast for serving
In a medium bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the shallot and crème fraîche. Gradually whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Whisk in the diced fennel and chopped fennel fronds.
Preheat the broiler and position a rack 6 inches from the heat.
Arrange the shrimp, lobster tails and oyster shell halves in a roasting pan in a single layer.
Place the scallops in the 6 flattest oyster shells. Place the oysters in the remaining shells.
Spoon 3/4 cup of the vinaigrette over the seafood, being sure to coat them completely. Season with pepper and broil until lightly browned, about 7 minutes.
Transfer the seafood to plates and drizzle with some of the vinaigrette, passing the toast and any remaining vinaigrette at the table.
Calories: 592kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 55g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 432mg | Potassium: 547mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 78IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 2mg