Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe
The best and only Strawberry Salad recipe you'll ever need.
- 1 clove garlic fine diced, or pressed through a garlic press
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 10 ounces fresh spinach or spinach and field green mix - rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 quart strawberries - cleaned hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds blanched and slivered
Place garlic in a salad bowl. Rub garlic into the bottom and sides of the bowl.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and onion. Cover, and chill for one hour.
Place the spinach into the garlic rubbed bowl. Pour the dressing over salad, and toss until well coated. Sprinkle on the strawberries and almonds.. Refrigerate 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
PREP 10 mins
READY IN 1 hr 10 mins
Calories: 519kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 65mg | Potassium: 855mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 6736IU | Vitamin C: 159mg | Calcium: 203mg | Iron: 4mg