Pioneer Woman's Best Macaroni Salad Ever
Pioneer Woman's Best Macaroni Salad. Because we all need a perfect macaroni salad recipe! This one will get you through every Summer pot luck and BBQ thrown your way.
- 4 cups elbow macaroni
- 3 whole roasted red peppers chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet and spicy pickle diced
- 1/2 cup black olives sliced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar adding more to taste, up to 3 tablespoons
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- plenty fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup half and half or milk
- 2 teaspoons pickle juice
Cook macaroni in lightly salted water till done. Drain in a colander. Set aside.
Mix mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, milk and pickle juice in medium sized bowl.
In large bowl place cooked macaroni. Add about 3/4's of the mayonnaise mixture to the macaroni.
Next add the peppers, pickles, olives and onions. If needed, add the remaining dressing.
Add a splash of pickle juice to the salad. The salad dressing will thicken up after refrigeration.
Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 443mg | Potassium: 166mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 170IU | Vitamin C: 5.5mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 0.9mg