Well heck, this has been a couple of rough weeks for me. An inner ear situation has caused balance issues making me dizzier than all get out. Resulting in; missing four days work, numerous tests and trips back and forth to the doctor, not being able to drive, not being able to cook, no appetite and cancelling a trip to Portland to the IFBC (Food Blogger Conference), which I’ve had planned since March. No need to feel sorry for me, believe me, I’ve done enough of that for all of us. 🙂
Hopefully this latest experiment of medication has me back in the saddle. For the first time in two weeks, I’ve planned for a big juicy steak from the grill for dinner…and it actually sounds good. I believe things are looking up.
But for now, let’s talk about a fabulous salsa find, a very generous Brenda from Texas Brew Salsa Company and a giveaway.
I’ve followed Paul’s blog, Mad Meat Genius pretty much from the start of my blogging life. Based in California and a Raiders fan (I still try to like him), a bacon and barbeque adventure is what you’ll find over at Paul’s place. A while back, he posted a recipe for Texas Brew Bacon Peanut Butter Cup Espresso Beer Brownies. I gasped and commented on it’s glory, it’s concept in all it’s deliciousness and the next thing you know, I’ve got a case of this fabulous salsa on my doorstep compliments of Brenda, owner and creator of Texas Brew Salsas.
Texas Brew Products is a San Antonio based company founded by Brenda Craig.
Texas Brew Products uniquely combines authentic, historic preparation techniques with the freshest and finest ingredients, creating a flavor explosion like never before experienced.
They are focused on producing “Simply Salsalicious” all natural, gluten free; gourmet salsas made with fresh fire-roasted vegetables and smoked spices the old fashioned authentic Mexican way.
Folks, these salsas are packed…and I mean packed full of flavor with incredible combinations. Just look at the lineup:
- Honey Roasted Peach
- Hot Iron Habanero
- Honey Roasted Pineapple
- Honey Roasted Mango
- Honey Roasted Apple Cinnamon
- Honey Roasted Chipotle
We loved every single one of these and so much that most all of it ended up on corn chips, on nachos, on grilled chicken or pork chops and scrambled eggs before I could sample any of the recipes that were sent along with the shipment.
We especially enjoyed the Honey Roasted Chipotle Salsa drizzled over these Swiss chard tacos. Let’s take a look, but first the giveaway. Brenda has generously offered to give one of my readers a sample of Texas Brew Salsas. To enter:
- Leave a comment about which Texas Brew Salsa flavor sounds the best
- Like Highlands Ranch Foodie on Facebook
- Like Texas Brew on Facebook
- Follow @TexasBrew on Twitter
Remember to leave a SEPARATE COMMENT HERE ON MY BLOG for each entry you complete. You really owe yourself a visit to their website, lots of gift pack ordering ideas and great recipes.
- 1 bunch Swiss Chard
- 1½ T. olive oil
- 1 whole sweet onion, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ t. red pepper flakes
- ½ C. chicken broth
- 1 cup crumbled Mexican Queso Fresco
- ¾ c. Texas Brew Honey Roasted Chipotle Salsa
- Cut the chard crosswise into ½ inch slices. In a large skillet, heat the oil on medium high. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently until golden brown but still crunchy, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and stir for a few seconds, until aromatic. Add broth, salt to taste and the greens. Reduce heat, cover, and cook greens until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Uncover pan and raise the heat to medium high and cook, stirring continually until mixture is nearly dry.
- Serve with warm corn tortillas, crumbled cheese, salsa, cilantro and raw sliced onion rings.
Disclaimer: I was provided with free samples of Texas Brew Salsa. I received no further compensation and was not required to post a positive review of this product. As always, all opinions in this blog are mine. Contest ends September 2.
Swiss Chard Tacos with Caramelized Onion, Fresh Cheese and Salsa…It’s What’s for Dinner.