Company Lettuce Salad with Chow Mein Noodles
Crispy crunchy Chow Mein Noodles are just the beginning to what makes this lettuce salad so special
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 cups lettuce a combo of romaine, butter or iceberg
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 3 ounces chow mein noodles crispy, canned
- 1/3 cup pepita seeds roasted, or sunflower seeds
In a small heavy skillet, melt butter. Add almonds and cook over medium heat until toasted, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool.
For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar and brown sugar. Chill until ready to serve.
For salad, in a large bowl, combine the lettuce, peppers and green onions. Add dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with chow mein noodles , pepita seeds and almonds. Serve immediately.
Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 65mg | Potassium: 171mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1770IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg