Jalapeno Buttermilk Pineapple Coleslaw
Take classic creamy coleslaw to a whole new level by adding chunks of sweet pineapple and a creamy jalapeno buttermilk dressing
- 12 ounces green cabbage shredded
- 12 ounces Napa cabbage shredded
- 2 medium carrots cleaned and shredded
- 20 ounce canned pineapple tidbits drained and 6 tablespoons liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup green onions sliced thin, green and white parts
- 2 jalapeno peppers seeds and veins removed, and fine diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Buttermilk
- 4 Tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
In a large bowl combine cabbage, pineapple, shredded carrots, green onions and diced jalapeno.
In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, buttermilk, rice vinegar, reserved pineapple liquid, pepper and salt until smooth.
Add to cabbage mixture; toss to coat.
Refrigerate coleslaw for a minimum of four hours or overnight for the best flavor. Toss again before serving.
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 355mg | Potassium: 352mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 2891IU | Vitamin C: 40mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 1mg