Baby Kale and Apple Salad with Cider Vinaigrette
The combination of textures and flavors work great with each other. This is a beautiful side dish salad that will easily pair with about any Fall entree you're serving.
- 1 clove garlic pressed through a garlic press or fine diced.
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups baby kale
- 1 tablespoon fresh whole leaf parsley fine chopped
- for the dressing
- 4 tablespoons Apple cider or apple juice
- 4 tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon honey
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 granny smith apples cut in slices
- 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Sprinkle the chopped garlic into your salad bowl. Rub the garlic into the bottom and sided of bowl. Add the olive oil to the bowl.
Wash greens well and dry. Place the kale and parsley into the bowl on top of the oil and mix until all leaves are coated with the oil.
Pour the apple juice and vinegar in a bowl, add the salt and several generous turns of black pepper, add honey and stir until the salt dissolves. Shake or whisk to recombine.
Pour this mixture over the greens and toss until combined.
Add apple slices. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and feta. Serve immediately.
Calories: 501kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 709mg | Potassium: 397mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 5195IU | Vitamin C: 66.1mg | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 1.4mg