Goat Cheese Bruschetta, with Mushrooms, Capers and Anchovies, Summer Tapas Dinner Menu
Our favorite appetizer recipe. Be ready to share the recipe, it's a crowd pleaser.
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4-6 shiitake mushrooms Stems diced, caps thin sliced
- 4-8 anchovy fillets minced. (I used 4)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons salted capers rinsed and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons dry vermouth
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 French Baguette sliced
- 4 ounces goat cheese room temperature
Melt 1 tbsp butter with 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan and saute mushrooms until browned.
Add anchovies and garlic and cook until the fish liquifies.
Add capers and parsley and cook on medium for a minute more.
Add vermouth and deglaze pan. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with crusty bread slices covered in a layer of goat cheese.
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 315mg | Potassium: 63mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 232IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1mg