Zesty Chicken Tostadas with Feta
A Mexican classic with a Greek twist
- 3/4 pound plum tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives sliced
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast about 1 pound. Cooked and shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper fresh ground
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil plus more for brushing tortillas
- 8 small flour or corn tortillas
- 1/2 pound feta cheese about 2 cups, crumbled
Heat the oven to 450°. In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, combine the tomatoes, olives, parsley, chicken, salt, pepper, vinegar, and the 3 tablespoons oil.
Brush the tortillas on both sides with oil and then put on baking sheets, overlapping if necessary. Bake the tortillas until starting to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the tortillas and brown the other side, 2 to 3 minutes longer.
Remove the baking sheets from the oven and top each tortilla with an equal amount of the feta cheese. Return the baking sheets to the oven; cook until the cheese is just melting, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Top the tortillas with the chicken mixture.
Serving: 1tostada | Calories: 463kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 1281mg | Potassium: 553mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1189IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 344mg | Iron: 2mg