Silver Spur Ranch Blue Cheese Burger Recipe
Elevate your burger game with these Silver Spur Ranch Blue Cheese Burgers. Juicy and full of flavor, this Western style blue cheese burger is absolutely mouthwateringly delicious.
- 2 pounds ground beef 80-20 blend
- 3 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- 1/2 Cup chives fresh, diced
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce I like Cholula here
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 6 Hamburger buns toasted
In a large bowl, using very clean hands, gently mix ground beef, blue cheese, chives, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ground black pepper, salt and mustard.
Form into 6 patties. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight.
Preheat grill, broiler or cast iron skillet. Cook burgers 5 - 6 minutes per side or until cooked to desired doneness. Serve on buttered and toasted buns.
Choose a creamy blue cheese. A dry blue cheese will not melt as well. Suggestions:
How to oven broil burgers:
You can also cook these burgers in the oven under a broiler. Using a broiling pan, fitted with a wire rack, place the patties on the rack. Set oven to broil, and move the oven rack to the upper middle position. Broil burgers for 5 minutes per side or until an instant read thermometer indicates the internal temperature to be 160 degrees
According to the USDA, the minimum safe temperature to serve ground beef is an internal temperature of 160 degrees. Though not recommended, 120-125 degrees for rare, 130 - 135 degrees, medium rare, 150 - 155 degrees for medium well, and well done = 160 - 165 degrees.
- Award Winning Point Reyes Blue Cheese is my absolute favorite blue cheese on earth. Creamy and bold in flavor, it's perfect for melting into these burgers.
- Maytag blue cheese is also a quality choice. Maytag blue cheese is produced in Iowa and is a cow's milk cheese with exceptional blue cheese flavor and creamy texture.
- Stilton Cheese: Turn this blue cheese burger into a Stilton Burger. Stilton is an English semi-soft, crumbly and creamy. With a bold rich flavor it will bring a more intense and complex flavor to these burgers.
Calories: 558kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 118mg | Sodium: 920mg | Potassium: 517mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 253IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 180mg | Iron: 5mg