Southwestern Chicken and Bean Soup
Super easy weeknight dinner chicken and bean soup
- 1 Sweet onion chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 15-ounce can can Red Kidney Beans
- 1 Large jalapeno pepper seeds and veins removed and fine chopped
- 1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce seeds and veins removed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon Adobo Sauce from the can of chiles
- 2 teaspoon Dried Mexican oregano crushed
- 1 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper flakes
- 2 Boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite sized pieces and sauteed until almost done
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese or Sour Cream for topping
In a Dutch oven cook onion in olive oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until tender. Add remaining ingredients except for chicken and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
Add in cooked chicken and let steep until heated through. About 5 minutes.
Ladle into soup bowls and serve with toppings of your choice, tortilla chips, grated cheese, sour cream or chopped avocado. Or all.
Calories: 2000kcal | Carbohydrates: 186g | Protein: 228g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 461mg | Sodium: 4031mg | Potassium: 6057mg | Fiber: 65g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 36IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 419mg | Iron: 20mg