Homemade Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich
Recipe for homemade turkey sausage for a turkey sausage breakfast sandwich. Top with scrambled eggs, served open faced.
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey thigh meat
- 1/2 Cup sweet onion minced
- 1/4 Cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1/4 Cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes crushed
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoon panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
Mix all ingredients together, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, or overnight.
Shape the turkey mixture into 12 patties, about 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
Heat the oil in a large skillet, and brown the patties, over medium heat, on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Reduce the heat to medium, cover the skillet and cook turning occasionally until they are crisp and cooked through. About 6 minutes.
To build the sandwich. Toast English muffins. Spread on mayonnaise. Top with a turkey patty and scrambled eggs.
Calories: 134kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 357mg | Potassium: 244mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 282IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg