Chipotle Shrimp Wontons
A clever and delicious appetizer for your Mexican Food buffet.
Servings 30 pieces
- Olive oil or Pam
- 1-16 ounce package wonton skins
- 1/2 pound shrimp cooked, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion chopped small and sautéed
- 1 yellow bell pepper roasted peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper roasted peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 in chipotle pepper adobo sauce drained and finely chopped
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon adobo sauce.
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack Cheese grated
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush mini-muffin pans with olive oil or spray with Pam. Press wonton skins into each cup. Bake about 10 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
In a large bowl, combine cooked shrimp, roasted bell peppers, onion, cilantro, chipotle pepper, chipotle sauce and cheese.
Remove skins from muffin pan and while holding each skin in your hand, using a spoon fill with shrimp mixture. Once filled, return each one to their slot in the muffin pan. Bake 7 - 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Skins and filling may be prepared in advance and assembled just before baking. Egg roll wrappers will work also. Just cut them into 4 equal squares.
Makes 30 pieces. To make this even easier, I used jarred roasted red bell pepper and just chopped and sautéed the yellow bell pepper and onion in a fry pan.
Calories: 43kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 149mg | Potassium: 37mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 212IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 1mg