Hatch Green Chile Pasta with Chicken
This Southwestern Pasta recipe using Hatch Green Chile pasta is then mixed with a wonderful and slightly spicy cream sauce and chicken.
- 1/2 pound Hatch Green Chile Pasta or plain pappardelle pasta, or fettuccini
- 1/8 pound unsalted butter
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup spinach packed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half. cubed and sauteed
- 1/4 cup green chile peppers If using plain flavored pasta. orasted, peeled, chopped (or canned)
- 1/4 teaspoon Chimayo chile powder medium heat, or ancho chile powder
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Cotija cheese crumbled, for garnish.
In a saucepan, melt butter. Add half and half and heat through.
Add spinach, chile powder and parmesan cheese. Cook on low until spinach is wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Turn off burner, cover, keeping warm.
Heat a skillet over medium high heat and then add olive oil. Add cubed chicken breast and cook until no longer pink inside. Don't over cook. Add this to the cream mixture.
In a large saucepan, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. Add salt and pasta. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
When pasta is cooked through, drain, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water. Add pasta to Cream mixture. Turn burner on low, if it needs to be warmed up. Add a little bit of the pasta water to add starch and creaminess.
Divide between two plates, serve immediately and top with crumbled Cotija cheese for garnish if you'd like.
Calories: 483kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 278mg | Potassium: 270mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1442IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 242mg | Iron: 1mg