Melon and Salami Sandwich on Rye
Sweet melon and salty meats makes this a great flavored sandwich.
- 4 slices rye bread and/or pumpernickel bread
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 ounces thinly sliced Jarlsberg cheese
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 4 slices thin honeydew melon peeled
- 2 teaspoons light dairy sour cream
- 2 ounces thinly sliced salami
- 2 ounces thinly sliced Gouda cheese
- 2 leaves romaine lettuce ribs removed (optional)
Spread one side of each bread slice lightly with mustard.
On two of the bread slices layer the Jarlsberg cheese, prosciutto, and melon on top of mustard.
Spread a thin layer of sour cream over melon slices. Add salami, Gouda, and romaine, if desired.
Top with remaining two bread slices, mustard side down. Wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for 1 to 6 hours. Makes 2 sandwiches.
Calories: 618kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 1691mg | Potassium: 373mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2801IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 457mg | Iron: 3mg