Hummus with Slow Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and Capers
Hummus gets some bling with slow roasted cherry tomatoes and capers.
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes slice tomatoes in half
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 tablespoon capers
- For the hummus
- 1 large garlic clove peeled
- 30 ounces chickpeas canned, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/3 cup tahini paste (sesame paste) I love Whole Foods Brand)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 6 tablespoons reserved liquid from chickpeas
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place them flesh side up on a baking sheet. Drizzle the tomatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Cook for 60 - 75 minutes or until the tomatoes looked shriveled and caramelized.
To make hummus. Add all ingredients to a food processor. Blend until smooth, adding more water if needed. Adjust for seasonings. You may need more lemon or salt.
Serve with fresh vegetables and pita wedges.
Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 407mg | Potassium: 387mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 260IU | Vitamin C: 12.9mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 3.2mg