Strawberry Chicken Salad with Creamy Poppyseed Dressing
Take advantage of fresh strawberry season. A fresh and easy weeknight light dinner with chicken, strawberries and creamy poppyseed dressing.
- 2 chicken breast halves Boneless, skinless, slightly pounded to even out thickness, dusted with flour and sautéed until golden and cooked through.
- 1/4 cup flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tablespoons oil vegetable or olive
- 2 fist fulls salad greens Romaine, spring greens, arugula, etc.
- 1 cup Strawberries washed, tops cut off and halved
- 1/2 small sweet onion thin sliced and halved
- 1/2 cup mango cubed
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- For the dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons sugar or honey
- 1 Tablespoon Sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
Place flour on a plate and then dredge chicken breast to lightly coat with the flour. Salt and pepper the chicken.
Heat a fry pa over medium high heat, add oil and when oil is hot, add chicken and sauté over medium heat until golden on each side and cooked through. About 6 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and tent with foil 5 minutes.
Combine dressing ingredients in a jar and shake until blended.
Slice the chicken breasts. Build your salad with the greens, the warm chicken, arrange strawberries and mango over the top, sprinkle with sliced almonds and drizzle with the dressing.
Calories: 974kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 77g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 494mg | Potassium: 724mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 555IU | Vitamin C: 58.7mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 2.4mg