Almond Chutney Chicken Lettuce Wraps
A unique version for chicken lettuce wraps. With chutney and almonds, this is a perfect recipe for a brunch or a ladies luncheon.
- For The Chicken Salad:
- 3 pound rotisserie chicken purchased or two small rotisserie chickens
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 2 jalapenos seeded and minced
- 9 ounce Chutney Major Gray
- 1/2 Cup .Mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 large celery stalks diced
- 1 cup salted almonds coarse chopped
- For the lettuce cups:
- 1 head Bibb Lettuce leaves separated washed and dried
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves washed and dried
- 1 bunch Cilantro washed and dried
- 8 radishes thin sliced
- 1 large cucumber peeled and sliced into thin rounds
First of all, let me say that most roasted chickens that you purchase at a grocery store are not three pounds. Purchase 2 small grocery store rotisserie chickens, or 1 Costco rotisserie chicken.
Pull the meat from the chicken, discarding skin and bones. Cut into small bite sized pieces.
In a large bowl combine the onions, lemon zest and juice, jalapenos, chutney, mayonnaise and salt and pepper. Fold in the chicken. Taste the mix for flavor and adjust to your taste. Let stand for 20 minutes to blend the flavors, or better yet, cover and refrigerate overnight.
To serve, blend the celery and nuts into chicken mixture. Mound the salad on one side of the platter, pile up the lettuce leaves on the other, and cluster remaining ingredients in the center. Tuck the radishes and cucumbers next to the herbs.
Place a few herb leaves in the bottom of a lettuce cup, top with a spoonful of the salad. Add a slice each of the cucumber and radish. Roll up and eat.
Calories: 331kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 780mg | Potassium: 393mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2164IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 2mg