Asian Sloppy Joes Sliders
This is a recipe for Asian Sloppy Joes. Next time you're in the mood for Sloppy Joes, think outside the box and try this Asian version. Hoisin, lime juice and Chili Sauce are just the beginning of a great lineup of flavors. Easy fixings for your next party crowd.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 medium red onions finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons sambal oelek or other Asian chile sauce I used chile sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken thighs
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 cup drained canned diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 20 brioche dinner rolls split and toasted
- Shredded iceberg lettuce and spicy pickles optional, for serving
In a large, deep skillet, heat the canola oil until shimmering. Add the onions, celery, chile sauce, garlic, ginger and a generous pinch each of salt and pepper and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened, about 8 minutes.
Add the ground chicken and pork and cook, stirring occasionally to break up the meat, until no pink remains, about 5 minutes. Stir in the hoisin, tomatoes and lime juice and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Spoon about 1/4 cup of the sloppy joe filling on the bottom half of each roll. Top with shredded lettuce and pickles and serve.
MAKE AHEAD The sloppy joe filling can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Reheat gently before serving.
Calories: 256kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 516mg | Potassium: 242mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 57IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 2mg