Canned Homemade Salsa
A recipe for canning salsa
Servings 3 pints
- 6 tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 bunch cilantro chopped
- 2 clove garlic rough chopped
- 1 sweet onion rough chopped
- 1 red bell pepper rough chopped
- 5 jalapeno peppers seed and veins removed and chopped
- 1 habanero pepper a habanero did not get included in my salsa, I substituted a couple more jalapeno
- 1/2 teaspoons chile powder I used more and used a mild Chile Ancho
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- lime juice of
- 2 Tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano dried
Rough chop all vegetables and using pulse button grind each in a food processor as you go. I like my salsa chunky so just a few whirls did the job.
Place all vegetables in a large bowl and add seasonings, tossing well to blend.
Place salsa in canning jars and water bath for 15 minutes.
Calories: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 31mg | Potassium: 871mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 4092IU | Vitamin C: 123mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 2mg