Spicy Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Chickpea Spread
Say hello to your new favorite hummus recipe. Flavored with cayenne, parmesan cheese and mayonnaise = delicious.
- 1 1/2 ounces dry sun-dried tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic next time I'll use 4 cloves - a little too garlicky for me, crushed
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans drained
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Blanch sun-dried tomatoes in boiling water for 4 minutes or until softened and drain. Chop garlic in a food processor with a metal blade until finely minced. Add rehydrated tomatoes and process until chopped into small pieces. Add garbanzo beans, olive oil, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Parmesan, basil, cayenne pepper and salt and process until smooth. Serve with crackers, toasted pita wedges or raw vegetables.
Calories: 106kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 294mg | Potassium: 135mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 124IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg