A great Southwestern recipe for fresh sweet corn.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Cups corn kernels fresh is best
- 4 whole sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 3 Tablespoons fresh basil fine chopped
- 1/3 Cup green onions thin sliced, including green tops
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons jalapeno pepper chopped
- 1 Tablespoon bread and butter pickles chopped, a spicy brand is better
- A garnish of cilantro is a must
In a medium skillet, heat butter over medium high heat until foam subsides.
Add corn and sun-dried tomatoes and cook, stirring frequently for about five minutes.
Add jalapeno peppers and pickles. Season with salt and pepper. Place in a serving bowl and toss in basil and green onions. Serve warm or at room temperature. Serves four.
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 300mg | Potassium: 255mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 542IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg